Manage episode 297436986 series 2901614
In this episode, I am joined by Sophie Fletcher clinical hypnotherapist and author of Mindful Menopause.
Sophie specialises in women’s wellbeing at transitional stages of their lives and her focus is the body and mind connection, exploring thoughts and feelings that may arise at times of vulnerability giving practical, everyday tools that make a difference.
We are controlled by the challenging cultural narrative that surrounds Menopause and Perimenopause, join Sophie and me as we discuss how changing our perception and our mindset can have such a huge impact on our wellbeing.
In this episode you will learn:-
- How to change your perception of Menopause
- How to take back control
- How learned behaviours are based on environment
- How to re-write your story and plan your Menopause
- How to re-frame thoughts and experiences so you can approach your symptoms in a more positive way
- How to manage anxiety
- Why Menopause is an opportunity to learn about yourself in a deeper way
- The How… tackling those unconscious blocks that stop you doing what you know you should be doing
- How to be in control of your choices
- Why broadening your knowledge and understanding of Menopause is the key to a Merry Menopause
- Why mindset work is much simpler than you may think
- Why our history and culture has re-written the reverence that comes with being an older woman
- Menopause can be a lonely time, why it’s so important to find and connect with women who are having a similar experience
- The importance of seeking out those that are approaching their Menopause transition in a positive way
- Why you should plan your Menopause like you plan work and personal goals
- How do you want to be when you are in your 60s and 70s? Why we need to lay the foundations now
- Hair Loss - Sophie talks about her own experience and shares her advice.
Sophie’s Book Choice
Sum: Forty Tales from the Afterlives by David Eagleman
You can download 10 of Sophie’s meditations for FREE here https://www.penguin.co.uk/articles/2021/may/mindfulmenopause.html
Find out how you can work with me, my coaching and education, and get your free Menopause Symptom tracker at www.themerrymenopause.com