Manage episode 298481892 series 2901614
My guest on the penultimate episode of S2 is Emma Bardwell registered nutritionist and member of the British Menopause Society. Her evidence-based approach, coupled with an ongoing interest in Perimenopause and Menopause has made her one of the go-to names in women’s health.
Emma is deeply anti-fad and doesn’t care for restriction, believing in positive rather than perfect nutrition and together with Dr Shahzadi Harper she has written today’s book choice, The Perimenopause Solution.
Join us as we discuss:
- Pro ageing and “Tweakments” - being unapologetic and acknowledging that our appearance does change as our collagen starts to deplete.
- Why saying ‘no’ should be on prescription for Perimenopausal women.
- Stress - one of the main drivers behind our symptoms and how it can override the positive effects of HRT.
- The rise of eating disorders in midlife - the importance of knowing what to eat and how to exercise.
- Auditing our life - removing toxic habits and toxic people.
- Alcohol - the pros and the cons.
- Why our metabolism changes - the impact that has on what we eat and drink.
- The benefits of therapy and coaching - dealing with feelings that may surface and the changes that are happening.
- The next generation - we are setting the example for them, let’s show today’s young women how utterly brilliant we are.
- Understanding the gut/brain connection - how crucial this is in Perimenopause
- Listening to our bodies - being intuitive and picking up on the signals and clues we are being sent.
- Make change if it is calling but don’t act on impulse! - the importance of talking things through with friends or seeking out a supportive community online.
Emma’s book choices
Dr Lisa Mosconi - The XX Brain