Manage episode 296269191 series 2901614
In this episode, I am joined by Jackie Lynch author of "The Happy Menopause" and host of The Happy Menopause Podcast.
Jackie discovered the power of nutrition 15 years ago when she followed personalised nutritional advice and experienced first-hand the dramatic changes in her energy well being and performance. This led her to give up her senior corporate role and study at the Institute for Optimum Nutrition.
As a Registered Nutritional Therapist, she founded the WellWellWell clinic providing expert advice and specialising in women’s health and nutrition.
"The Happy Menopause" is a stress-busting, hormone balancing approach to Menopause.
Join Jackie and me as we discuss:-
- Why stress is the enemy of the Menopause
- Why adrenal health is so vital
- Nutrition 101 - How and why we need to keep our blood sugar balanced
- Managing our symptoms through diet
- How to manage our weight
- what we should be eating
- refined, hidden sugars
- our secret weapon balancing protein and fibre
- The impact of alcohol
- The way Menopause is experienced in different cultures due to their diet
- Menopause friendly family meals
- Don’t feel guilty about using frozen foods!
Jackie’s book choice - "The Age Well Plan by Susan Saunders"