Manage episode 332386404 series 85988
I recently did a 1/2 day training for a client that uncovered a plethora of unique opportunities which I want to share with you in this episode.
A product-centric approach to social media marketing can yield effective results at many levels.
When taking a product marketing perspective on how an organization can best promote their products, you will uncover new opportunities to leverage personal branding, content, and yield more influence than you might have found possible.
Listen in for the details and how all of these aspects of digital and social media marketing can work together in harmony.
[03:22] How Do We Get the Word Out of Your Product?
[03:57] Talk About your Product!
[04:36] The Different Elements You Need to be Successful in Social Media
[05:33] The Concept of Influence
[06:00] Valuing Employee Influencers
[07:30] Help Your Employees Create Personal Brands Aligned with their Expertise
[08:04] Resources that Will Help You Optimize Your Profile
[10:30] The Concept of Publishing Content for Influence and Thought Leadership
[10:59] What is Thought Leadership?
[11:28] How Does Publishing Your Perspective Create Influence?
[14:32] How Often Should You Publish Content?
[15:02] Types of Content You Can Publish on a Daily Basis
- And on a website, sure, you're going to have your dedicated resources and content for your product. When it comes to social media, you're fighting with all the other products for attention.
- Too often we think of ourselves as a company, when we should think of ourselves as a product, people are not buying the company, they're buying the product. So everything that we do, ideally, should be talking about.
- And once we understand the importance of social media, we understand the importance of content in social media. It is the currency of not just social media, but digital media in general.
- There is a very distinct relationship between influence content, and social media, you establish a presence in social media, you begin to publish content, and share your views or talk about a product around a certain niche, so to speak, and over time, that helps you build influence on that topic.
- So if you're thinking, Yeah, we have people in our business, that should be more in the spotlight, they should be more active and social, they should be just more naturally talking about what they're an expert in, because it's going to help our business.
- And the thought leadership content shows your subject matter expertise, it ideally promote your company, it speaks to potential customers, and industry partners. And indirectly, it should sell your product, the engagement type of content, shows your human side promotes your personal brand, it speaks to your broader network and connections, who might not necessarily be interested in your product. It sells you that your company, and it gets broader engagement.
- Join My Digital First Mastermind: https://nealschaffer.com/membership/
- Learn about My Fractional CMO Consulting Services: https://nealschaffer.com/cmo
- Download My Free Ebooks Here: https://nealschaffer.com/freebies/
- Subscribe to my YouTube Channel: https://youtube.com/nealschaffer
- All My Podcast Show Notes: https://podcast.nealschaffer.com