The New B2B Marketing Rules in the Revenue Zone [Tom Burton Interview]
Manage episode 333747069 series 85988
Have you thought about how little control we have over the consumer or buyer these days?
With so many sources of information, a distaste for ads, and the popularity of social media, how does a company try to control the buyer's journey and buying cycle?
You can't. But if you embrace that fact, you'll find a whole world of possibility in marketing to a new generation of millennial buyers and influencers as well as transforming prospects and customers into your own sales team.
This fascinating interview with the author of The Revenue Zone: The Ultimate Playbook for The Next Generation of B2B Sales, Marketing and Predictable Revenue Growth, Tom Burton, will have you building our own yellow brick road in no time - and finding success in the digital and social media marketing of today.
[01:59] Introduction of Podcast Guest, Tom Burton
[07:53] The Revenue Zone Defined
[14:09] The Three Rules on Engagement With Younger Audience
[16:21] Managing Expectations and Budget
[18:07] The Yellow Brick Road
[20:10] Building Library of Content
[21:25] Filling In Your Potholes
[30:29] Tom's Message for Small Business Owners
[32:25] Lead Smart Tool
[38:21] Connect With Tom
- And we can be in control, but we have to be in control in a much different way than we have done in the past and how we control things, right.
- You have to change your mindset to embrace the fact that the millennial or the buyer is in control of their own journey.
- Enable the buyer to facilitate their own journey, don't keep putting up gates, don't keep putting up things that then you know, that get you back into control.
- So we have to look at our KPIs differently. And again, but we're all going back to that same goal of having people in the revenue zone, right, we wanted people in the revenue zone before we start that. We don't want people in their prospects on the revenue zone.
- But whether you're an SDR and AE or whatever your role is, as a salesperson, you're, you're still very valuable. In fact, you're more valuable than ever, but you need to be valuable as a guide, and a trusted adviser versus a salesperson.
- We have to control the process differently. And we have to control that depth process by understanding where the buyer is in their journey. And then helping them and facilitating them based on where they are in that journey.
- Learn More about The Revenue Zone: https://www.therevenuezone.com/
- LEADsmart Technologies CRM: https://www.leadsmarttech.com/
- Connect with Tom Burton on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/tburton5350/
- The Revenue Zone on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Revenue-Zone-Generation-Marketing-Predictable/dp/B09ZD2TQ3T/
- Join My Digital First Mastermind: https://nealschaffer.com/membership/
- Learn about My Fractional CMO Consulting Services: https://nealschaffer.com/cmo
- Download My Free Ebooks Here: https://nealschaffer.com/freebies/
- Subscribe to my YouTube Channel: https://youtube.com/nealschaffer
- All My Podcast Show Notes: https://podcast.nealschaffer.com