Partnership Marketing It's Time to Diversify Your Digital Marketing and Invest in Relationships [Matt Wool Interview]
Manage episode 328306321 series 85988
Of all of the marketing channels that exist, partnership marketing is one of the most under-utilized yet high potential opportunities that exist for businesses today.
Best represented by affiliate marketing, when done right, affiliate marketing provides you with an army of incentivized influencers that are selling on your behalf and only paid when a sale is made on a 24/7 basis.
Furthermore, there are a plethora of other "halo effect" benefits from this type of partnership marketing.
Intrigued? Learn all about partnership from co-author, Matt Wool, who wrote the book on partnership marketing, Moving to Outcomes, and is also the CEO of the leading partnership marketing firm Acceleration Partners.
[02:21] Introduction to the Podcast Guest, Matt Wool
[03:42] How Matt Got Into Marketing and Writing Book
[06:48] The Issues Matt Found With Affiliate Marketing
[10:47] The Emergence of Influencer and Creator Economy
[14:30] Affiliations on NFTs and Cryptocurrencies
[16:57] What Prompted Matt to Write the Book
[20:39] What is Partnership Marketing?
[21:49] How to Scale This Type of Relationship?
[23:25] How to Get Started
[26:30] Recommended Platforms for Startups
[27:03] Main Areas to be Aware Of
- And you know, our, our philosophy has long been it's not necessarily should you work with someone, it's more how you worked with someone.
- What I think we really see is that this is going to have a significant impact on the overall partnership marketing landscape and One of the things that I think it is going to do is it is going to, in a lot of ways decentralize affiliate and influencer marketing.
- There's this potential for these kinds of limitless numbers have like many affiliate programs that are enabled by certain smart contracts over time, which will be available to individual creators and that way, so it's a little bit of a different place that we're playing in, because we're working more with enterprise clients, but I think it's fascinating, and there's a lot that's going to happen there.
- The main crux of this book is that we see too many marketers and too many companies with a hugely disproportionate amount of their eggs in one or two baskets, from a marketing budget perspective, right, they are shoveling money into Google, they are shoveling money into meta, whether it's Instagram, or you know, the regular platform, maybe they've got a few other things going in a couple of other channels.
- But one thing I think a lot of people forget is affiliate marketing is also good for us.
- So having those tiers and really understanding how you are presenting yourself to those publishers, are the keys to scaling the program and effective way.
- Acceleration Partners: https://accelerationpartners.com
- Moving to Outcomes on Amazon: https://amzn.to/3l43uSb [affiliate]
- Connect with Matt on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/matthew-wool-67a3aa5/
- Check Out All of My Podcast Episodes: https://podcast.nealschaffer.com
- Join My Digital First Mastermind: https://nealschaffer.com/membership/
- Learn about My Fractional CMO Consulting Services: https://nealschaffer.com/cmo
- Download All of My Free EBooks: https://nealschaffer.com/freebies/
- Subscribe to my YouTube Channel: https://youtube.com/nealschaffer