Manage episode 185738676 series 126884
Allison Melody, co-host of The Food Heals Podcast, turns the volume up with her journey in plant-based living and alternative health. She shares two inspiring stories about how different approaches to medicine saved her two dogs, Jackson and Charlotte.
We also give an update on Hurricane Harvey and the immediate aftermath in Southeast Texas.
The Food Heals Podcast is hosted by Allison Melody and Suzy Hardy - two self-proclaimed natural chicks who will rock your world and change your beliefs about health! This sexy, savvy duo provides eco-friendly advice on a variety of issues- from picking the best non-toxic makeup and getting rid of wrinkles naturally to learning about the benefits of a plant-based diet and the healing power of nutrition.
Article on Jackson, Charlotte, and Alternative Health
Notes on Hurricane Harvey
- Hurricane Harvey, with the rain and flooding into Texas and neighboring states, such as Louisiana, may be unprecedented. Over 40 inches of rain recorded with more to come.
- Previous guest Tom English mentioned http://www.31paws.org as a helpful organization to animals in the Southeast Texas area.
- For more general assistance, the Houston Chronicle wrote this helpful article http://www.chron.com/news/houston-weather/hurricaneharvey/article/Hurricane-Harvey-How-to-help-victims-of-the-12003372.php
Notes on Allison Melody
- Some of the resources she mentioned on alternative medicine and a plant-based lifestyle. Balance your research with an experienced and trained medical professional whom you trust.
- Natural Cures “They” Don’t Want You to Know About by Kevin Trudeau
- Skinny Bitch by Rory Freedman and Kim Barnouin
- Forks Over Knives
- Plant Pure Nation
- What The Health
- Gerson Institute
- Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead
- Dr. Audra MacCorkle http://www.healingtouchvets.com
Allison feeds her dogs, Jackson and Charlotte, food from Honest Kitchen and V-Dog.
Thank you, Allison!
About Nancy and Harold Rhee
We have been married over 20 years, fostered over 60 dogs in the past four years, and we love animal rescue and the amazing people who dedicate their lives. And of course, the dogs and cats!
If you want to learn more about Nancy and Harold, go to our About Us page at http://thisispawprint.com/about or listen to our introductory podcast episode, "Fifty Puppies and a Podcast." http://thisispawprint.com/000
Pawprint (or Paw Print) is a weekly podcast dedicated to animal rescue, adoption, and the heroes who make it happen. Volunteer, walk, adopt, or foster a dog, cat, rabbit, or other wonderful pet through your local shelter, humane society, SPCA, pound, and animal control. Stop abuse, and help increase animal protection, welfare, and rights. http://thisispawprint.com http://animalrescuepodcast.com
Don’t miss any new episodes. Sign up for our email list.
If you want to join our animal rescue community and receive two free bonus dog-training resources from Irith Bloom, positive reinforcement dog trainer, go to http://thisispawprint.com/ask. Irith can be found at http://www.thesophisticateddog.com/
About Pawprint’s Music
All of Pawprint's music is composed by Luke Gartner-Brereton. Luke is based in Brisbane, Australia, and he composes a wide variety of songs and musical loops http://info.vanillagroovemedia.com http://vanillagroovestudios.com http://soundcloud.com/luke-gartnerbrereton