Manage episode 275343498 series 1749831
What can you do to improve your attractiveness, candidacy, and relevance in the market? How do you hold strong on the value you offer when the job availability in your region just isn’t there? The procurement industry is growing into a global force and procurement professionals need to adapt to their changing world.
Martin Smith—the Managing Director of Talent Drive in the U.K.—joins this episode of the Negotiations Ninja podcast to share a fascinating outside perspective into the procurement industry. He is a high-level top-tier procurement recruiter. Martin is also the host of the Talent Talks podcast, where procurement people in the field give unreal tips about staying relevant in the market. Don’t miss his insight into the world of procurement.
Outline of This Episode
- [2:43] Martin Smith’s background in the industry
- [3:37] Why procurement people don’t like talking about themselves
- [4:21] How the market is changing in the U.K.
- [6:54] How to approach a raise or position change
- [8:53] How to approach the interview
- [10:28] Geo arbitrage: cheaper labor?
- [14:30] How is an interview similar to a negotiation?
- [19:09] Contrasting candidates in the U.K. and the U.S.
- [21:25] The rapid move towards implementing AI
- [23:43] Be authentic + be yourself
- [24:28] How to connect with Martin
Resources & People Mentioned
Connect with Martin Smith
Connect With Mark
- Follow Negotiations Ninja on Twitter: @NegotiationPod
- Connect with Mark on LinkedIn
- Follow Negotiations Ninja on LinkedIn
- Connect on Instagram: @NegotiationPod