Manage episode 276339384 series 2818004
[00:01:14] Drew Mitchell: My mother died when I was 7 years old. She was 35 she had breast cancer. So that was really challenging at a very young age that I dealt with disgust me think different types of health and fitness not just physically based but mentally emotionally all that good stuff growing up. My father was not a great father, to be honest, physically and mentally abusive.
[00:07:02] Brandon Woolley: [00:07:02] I wanted to go back to one takeaway. You said earlier and what you said was if you commit consistently to something paraphrasing here, then you're going to see the success that's such an interesting point and maybe that's part of why all of these fad diets and crash diets fail is it's not consistent. So even if it's not exactly perfect for that person, you found in your experience if they can do something consistently, they see results?
[00:07:28] Drew Mitchell: [00:07:28] Absolutely. I mean think about it like this. The fitness industry is saturated with supplements and meal plans and you know people who buy into a program, and for a large percentage of them, if they stick to it, they're going to see results. And they will attribute it to all the supplements or this workout program but I think we need to attribute it more to the awareness that they were putting forth into their daily life.
[00:12:01] So if you have small beliefs about yourself what you're capable of achieving, you're going to take small action steps. And obviously, if you only take a little bit of action, you're only going to produce a little bit of results.
- One of the keys to success in fitness and wellness is consistency, but it's never a linear journey. There are going to be ups and downs.
- Being a trainer for 20 years, Drew realized that even the best athletes have trainers. The best CEO's have mentors and business coaches. We are better together.
Mentioned in this podcast:
- Bodybuilding book by Arnold Schwarzenegger
- Drew's first book THE WARRIOR WITHIN: My Awe-Inspiring True Life Story of Survival, Self-Discovery, and Redemption
- Drew's second book Unstoppable: Fate's Journey of Overcoming The Impossible
- The Power of Ted by David Emerald
Top three tips from Drew to the Fire within Nation.
1. Have a compelling vision. Have a powerful "why."
2. Forgive yourself and others.
3. Your attitude should always be gratitude.