Manage episode 232497492 series 1525659
Textile Artist Kathleen Laurel Sage shares her life in fabric & thread on the Stitchery Stories textile art podcast. Kathleen combines machine embroidery, using water soluble stabiliser and layering organza and meltable threads and acrylic felt to create her nature inspired pieces. She then melts and burns the pieces using a soldering iron or heat gun to create her distinctive pieces.
Kathleen shares a lot of inspiration with us, and talks about moving her practice forward, and embracing new ideas and technology. She has made fundamental changes to how she organises her time this year and you can tell by her excitement that those changes are working very well.
Susan Weeks chats with Kathleen about:
- Playing with using Block Printing in her creative processes
- Pushing techniques and adapting new ones
- Keeping your style fresh and new
- How to stop ideas banging around your head
- Putting your mark on a technique
- Combining techniques, solving problems
- Developing skills with a soldering iron
- The liberation of worldwide travel and opportunities
- Growing your visibility and business with videos on Youtube
and so much more.
Episode Show Notes, Links & Examples of Kathleen's work at https://www.stitcherystories.com/kathleenlaurelsage
Also Mentioned: Jamie Malden https://www.stitcherystories.com/jamiemalden/