Manage episode 231516575 series 1525659
Emma Broughton shares her life in fabric & thread on the Stitchery Stories embroidery podcast. Emma is a classically trained hand embroidery artist with a real passion for designing and making embroidered boxes. So much so that she is the author of a new book launching April 2019 simply called "Embroidered Boxes".
Emma shares her story of being inspired by goldwork embroidery at a young age, and of being determined to follow embroidery as her career. And you will be amazed when she shares her story of how her book became a reality.
Susan Weeks chats with Emma about:
- Deciding to write a book on embroidered boxes
- How long did it take from proposal to contract?
- Encouragement from a creative and inspiring mum
- What sparked the determination to study at the RSN
- Developing a complimentary range of skills
- The joy of lifelong learning
- Enjoying the challenge of box making
- A range of gorgeous techniques
- Using her book as a catalyst to launch her business
- and so much more.
Episode Show Notes, Links & Examples of Emma's work at https://www.stitcherystories.com/emmabroughton
Also Mentioned: https://farnhammaltings.com/