Manage episode 331568425 series 2968341
If you've never heard of preconception health, this episode will enlighten you! Dr. John McHugh outlines why diet, exercise, and finding support can help women improve their physical and emotional health and have a better pregnancy experience. Keep listening to discover more about women's health!
Key takeaways to listen for
- Preconception care: What it is, its challenges and how will it benefit women
- Tips to optimize women's health for a healthy pregnancy
- Why it is important to screen women for anxiety and depression?
- Psychological impact and social support for pregnant women
- What are teratogens and why women planning to conceive should be concerned?
- Pregnant women's top lifestyle modification recommendations
Resources mentioned in this episode
- To learn more about the Lifestyle Medicine Conference happening in November 2022 in Orlando, Florida, visit: https://lmconference.org/
- Improving women’s health across a lifespan by Dr. Michelle Tollefson | Paperback
- Nourish: An Integrative Medicine Cookbook by Anne Kennard | Paperback
About Dr. John McHugh
Dr. John Paul McHugh is an OBGYN who has been in practice for many years. He is a fellow of the American College of Obstetrics & Gynecology, a fellow of the American College of Lifestyle Medicine, and the co-chair of the Women’s Health Interest Group for the American College of Lifestyle Medicine.
Connect with Dr. Mchugh
- Facebook Private Groups: Lifestyle Medicine for Physicians | Women’s Health Lifestyle Medicine
- Instagram: @womenshealthlifestylemedicine
All the show notes for our episodes are located on our podcast website:
Connect with Us
Website: Healthy Lifestyle Solutions
YouTube channel: Healthy Lifestyle Solutions
Subscribe to our newsletter: Our Newsletter
Leave us a message: Speak Pipe Voicemail
Follow Us on Our Social Media Channels:
Did you like today’s episode? Please rate the podcast using the link below.