Manage episode 325908053 series 3005070
We talk about game studio fundraising and specifically Series A funding - what that means - and lessons, best practices, and mistakes based on my own experience with this current financing round.
Understand the difference between Seed and Series A.
Make sure you don't make the same mistakes I did. Don't be a lame CEO and make sure you take funding seriously!
SUBSCRIBE TO GAMEMAKERS:
- Newsletter: https://gamemakers.substack.com/
- Don't miss an episode on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/GameMakersStudio
1:43 Funding Environment
13:13 What is a Series A?
21:16 Investment Models
34:59 Ideal Startup Profile
44:01 Amount of Funding
56:07 Investor Value Add
59:16 Post vs. Pre-Money
1:04:44 Investor Communication
1:13:45 Having a Defined Process
1:26:49 Biggest Mistake & Advice
1:31:15 Wrap-Up & Contact
👇 EPISODE LINKS:
- Jobs at LILA Games: https://www.lilagames.com/jobs/ 💰
LOOKING FOR FUNDING?:
- BITKRAFT: https://www.bitkraft.vc/ (Led LILA's Seed and invested in Series A)
- Galaxy Interactive: https://www.galaxyinteractive.io/ (invested in LILA's Seed and Series A)
- Rainfall Ventures: https://www.rainfall.com/ (Led LILA's Series A)
😃 —CONNECT WITH ME! —
• MY INSTAGRAM → @jokim1
• TWITTER → @jokim1
• LINKEDIN → https://www.linkedin.com/in/jokim/--- Send in a voice message: https://podcasters.spotify.com/pod/show/gamemakers/message