TWiB: E.U. Removes Retaliatory Tariffs, Kroger's Ultimate Bourbon Auction, Castle & Key and KBBG Collaborate for The Untold Story of Kentucky Whiskey
Manage episode 306408557 series 69890
It's This Week in Bourbon for October 8th 2021. Here's the headlines for this week. After 3 long years, the US and EU have agreed to remove retaliatory tariffs on bourbon exports. Kroger's ultimate bourbon auction will begin on 11/10 with some unicorns up for bids. Castle & Key and the Kentucky Black Bourbon Guild collaborate on a new extension called The Untold Story of Kentucky Whiskey.
- The U.S. and the E.U. have agreed to remove retaliatory tariffs on Kentucky Bourbon and American Whiskey.
- 25% tariffs in place in the UK because of Brexit.
- Lux Row Distillers will undergo a $4 million expansion beginning in November.
- The Idaho State Liquor Division has new rules in place for selling rare bourbons.
- The Kroger 2021 Ultimate Bourbon Auction to End Hunger begin on November 10. Visit https://ultimatebourbonauction.com
- Castle & Key announced a new line extension called The Untold Story of Kentucky Whiskey, Chapter 1 in partnership with The Kentucky Black Bourbon Guild (KBBG).
- Tamworth Distilling has unveiled a roasted turkey-flavored whiskey, Bird Of Courage.
- Wyoming Whiskey is releasing the fifth expression of its signature Outryder Straight American Whiskey.
- Old Charter Oak French Oak is the latest release from Buffalo Trace Distillery.
- All the Cookies Bourbon from Old Dominick is being rereleased.
- Jack Daniel’s has announced the release of its 2021 Single Barrel Special Release, Coy Hill High Proof.
- The 1st Straight Rosen Rye Whiskey made in the United States in over 50 years has officially been bottled by Stoll & Wolfe Distillery.
- Woodford Reserve announces the release of its annual holiday bottle.
- ZZ Top and Texas-based Balcones Distilling are collaborating on a new whiskey titled Tres Hombres.
- New Belgium Brewing and Four Roses Bourbon announced the 2021 release of Oakspire Bourbon Barrel Ale.
- Barrell Craft Spirits is releasing their 'BCS Gray Label' which are finished barrels of 24-year-old Canadian whiskey.
- @krogerchrispicks @luxrowdistillers @castleandkey @tamworth_distilling @wyomingwhiskey @buffalotrace @olddominick @jackdaniels_us @stollandwolfewhiskey @woodfordreserve @balconesdistilling @zztop @newbelgium @fourrosesbourbon @barrellbourbon
- Support this podcast on Patreon