Manage episode 338592053 series 3378586
What is a calorie, where does the term even come from, and how can be more accountable to them along our fitness journey? In this first installment of five, host Andy Naylor explores the fundamentals of nutrition – beginning with calories. Beauty lies in the simplicity of Andy’s message as he teaches us that losing weight isn’t just about eating healthily.
There’s nothing special about any of the dieting modalities out there if we’re still overestimating the amount we’re exercising and underestimating our calorie intake. Andy will keep you accountable with ways in which you can practically count your calories and start getting in better shape!
To celebrate the launch of the Optimal Alpha Podcast, Andy is hosting a giveaway contest where you can be one of the 2 lucky winners who will win exclusive access to 3-months of FREE 1:1 online coaching. Enter the Contest here!
“When you are trying to get lean, you are literally telling your body to go against what it thinks it’s doing to keep you alive. This is why we need to be smart about how we use macronutrients and calories.”
– Andy Naylor
In This Episode:
- Origin of the term calorie and how it relates to boiling a kilogram of water
- How and why our bodies store fat
- Where do calories come from, and how do we use them?
- How to create a caloric deficit
- If you’re not weighing your food before you eat, your goal doesn’t mean a thing
- Logging your food and calorie intake smartly + other practical tips
Connect with Andy Naylor: