Manage episode 295159802 series 2595762
One year after the murder of George Floyd, support for the Black Lives Matter movement and police reform has gone down especially from white folks, and many companies haven't done much change internally to make significant strides towards true Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion (DEI).
Today's episode was taken from our first-ever workshop/webinar back in April where we had HR professional Patricia Figueroa talk about how people can navigate discussions and concerns over DEI in the workplace, as well as offer some insight from a human resources perspective.
Mentioned on this week's episode:
- Keep up with Patricia of Your Human Resource: Instagram, Linkedin
- Subscribe to the EIC Newsletter
- NPR Codeswitch Podcast episode: The Racial Reckoning that Wasn't
- Pew Research Study BLM Support
If you're interested in DEI consulting services for your company or organization, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for rates and ways we can work together.
If you're interested in crowdfunding, check out our Crowdfunding Starter Kit! A Podcast Starter Kit coming soon!
Thanks for listening! Keep in touch:
- Share the show and tag us on Instagram: @empoweredincolor
- Tweet at us on Twitter: @empoweredpoc
- Subscribe to our newsletter
- Kriselle's personal socials: Instagram, Twitter
- When you post about your successes and stories, use the hashtag #WhenPOCThrive
- Subscribe on iTunes, Google Podcasts, or Spotify. Leave a review on iTunes/Apple Podcasts to help us reach more people!