Manage episode 302740296 series 2938256
In this episode, Dr. Danielle Tolman, PT and Dr. Abbie Ross, PT, NCS are joined by Dr. Debby and Dr. Mark to discuss visual dysfunction and the impact it can have on vestibular patients.
Dr. Debby Feinberg is an optometrist, and Dr. Mark Rosner is an Emergency Physician. They are Co-Founders and Co-Directors of the NeuroVisual Medicine Institute in Michigan, which trains other optometrists to become NeuroVisual Specialists.
Dr. Feinberg has been performing pioneering work with Binocular Vision Dysfunction (BVD), which is a condition where a vision misalignment creates difficulties with the two eyes working together to create a single 3-dimensional image, as well as difficulties with the two eyes following that image as it moves.
Dr. Mark Rosner is the Director of Education and Research at the NeuroVisual Medicine Institute. He has been actively involved in developing the specialty of NeuroVisual Medicine and in Binocular Vision Dysfunction (BVD) research since 2005. He has led the effort to validate the Binocular Vision Dysfunction Questionnaire, which is used to identify patients who most likely have BVD that will benefit from treatment.
- Where to find an encyclopedic amount of information: www.Vision-Specialists.com
- Access to take the Binocular Vision Dysfunction questionnaire: www.IsItMyEyes.com
- Do you know an optometrist that wants to become a NeuroVisual Specialist? www.NVMInstitute.org
- Provider Directory, find a specialist near you: https://www.vision-specialists.com/doctors/neurovisual-specialist-near-you/
- 5 Minute Cover Test video: https://www.vision-specialists.com/educational/how-to-perform-the-5-minute-cover-test/
Follow the link to submit topic or guest requests: https://forms.gle/81vh89WKCX2kx6zg7l
Hosted by Dr. Abbie Ross, PT, NCS and Dr. Danielle Tolman, PT