Manage episode 328858119 series 3003243
Decision-making is probably one of the greatest challenges we face as a species, and everybody’s processes are different! In this episode, we share our personal processes, including what works for us and what doesn’t, and discuss the importance of getting really clear on when not to make a decision at all. We have some great tips and tricks for those moments when you don’t feel vaguely equipped to make any decision whatsoever, or when you feel your intuition is simply not coming to the party. It’s important to differentiate your shoulds from your wants, and make your decisions accordingly! Tune in to hear our thoughts, challenges, and tendencies when it comes to decision-making, as well as a few words of wisdom about receiving advice.
Key Points From This Episode:
- The scavenger hunt Sarah participated in over the weekend.
- The importance of finding ways to play more as adults.
- Check out our video podcasts!
- Emily's first time publicly exhibiting her jewelry at an art fair.
- The tendency to reach out to people to aid in decision-making.
- Our decision-making processes.
- Knowing when not to make a decision.
- How to reassure yourself when you don’t feel equipped to make a measured decision.
- The negotiable nature of things.
- The importance of normalizing taking the time you need to make a decision.
- Getting curious about your own decision-making processes.
- A great decision-making tactic if you’re unsure of how you feel about something.
- Getting clear on whether you’re making a decision out of obligation or desire.
- How to assist others in making a decision.
- Why it’s helpful to hear what you don’t want to hear.
- Why you should never ask for opinions on your baby name list.
- The value of asking complete strangers for advice.
- The importance of separating yourself from the advice you receive.
- Our ability to make decisions intuitively.
- The importance of cultivating self-trust.
- The tendency to make decisions for the well-being of others rather than your own.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode: