Manage episode 375594202 series 1355207
Illuminating the concept of mudita – sympathetic joy – Jack helps us cultivate authentic happiness for those around us, and leads a guided meditation on the topic.
Today's podcast is sponsored by BetterHelp. Click to receive 10% off your first month with your own licensed professional therapist: betterhelp.com/heartwisdom
"Spiritual joy is the innate capacity for the heart to take pleasure and wonderment in this life and in the happiness of others, a kind of sympathetic joy." – Jack Kornfield
In this episode, Jack mindfully navigates:
- Mudita as a spiritual/sympathetic joy and generosity of spirit which take s pleasure in the happiness of others
- Rumi, the ocean of poetry, channeling, listening, and inspiration
- Seeing the beauty in the the light, eyes, and world around us
- Spirituality, happiness, and taking responsibility for your heart
- The Buddha's lens that joy and beauty are crucial factors of enlightenment
- A guided meditation partner practice to cultivate mudita (sympathetic joy) and metta (loving kindness)
This Dharma Talk from 12/03/2001 at Spirit Rock Meditation Center was originally published by DharmaSeed.