Manage episode 330917468 series 2968341
Let’s thank all cancer survivors in today's episode as we celebrate their month of conquering this life-threatening disease. Dr. Amy Herman Comander and Dr. Simran Malhotra join us to talk about preventive measures and the enormous influence of healthy lifestyle changes on their quality of life and longevity.
Key takeaways to listen for
- The deeper significance of cancer survivor month
- What is the most common symptom experienced by patients with cancer?
- How lifestyle medicine can optimize cancer patients' and survivors' health and wellbeing
- Nutritional resources and evidence-based diet modification for cancer
- Best practices for cancer patients to deal with stress, anxiety, and depression
- Why is substance abuse considered a risk factor for cancer recurrence?
Resources mentioned in this episode
- American Institute for Cancer Research
- American College of Lifestyle Medicine
- The American College of Sports Medicine
- American Cancer Society
- Guidelines for exercise and cancer
- American Cancer Society guidelines on cancer survivorship
About Dr. Amy Herman Comander and Dr. Simran Malhotra
Dr. Amy Herman Comander is a breast oncologist at the Massachusetts General Hospital Cancer Center. She is Director of Breast Oncology and Survivorship at the Mass General Cancer Center in Waltham and at Newton Wellesley Hospital, and Medical Director of the Mass General Cancer Center in Waltham.
Dr. Simran Malhotra is a triple board-certified physician in internal medicine, hospice & palliative care, and lifestyle medicine. She is a member of the ACLM women’s health member interest group and serves as the co-chair of the breast cancer subcommittee alongside Dr. Amy Comander.
Connect with Dr. Comander and Dr. Malhotra
- Website: Coach Simran MD | Paving Wellness
- Instagram: @drsimran.malhotra | @dramycomander
- Twitter: @DrAmyComander
All the show notes for our episodes are located on our podcast website:
Connect with Us
Website: Healthy Lifestyle Solutions
YouTube channel: Healthy Lifestyle Solutions
Subscribe to our newsletter: Our Newsletter
Leave us a message: Speak Pipe Voicemail
Follow Us on Our Social Media Channels:Support the show