Hmmm there seems to be a problem fetching this series right now. Last successful fetch was on July 17, 2021 11:18 ()
What now? This series will be checked again in the next day. If you believe it should be working, please verify the publisher's feed link below is valid and includes actual episode links. You can contact support to request the feed be immediately fetched.
Manage episode 284546594 series 2494625
Welcome back! Want to WATCH this podcast episode? Well, you can!
Today we're taking our very first step into creating a Creative Brand and Career that is elevated, thoughtful, and totally, completely ATTRACTIVE.
Whether this is your first month as a "Creative Entrepreneur" or your 20th year, this video will offer you space to contemplate your work, your brand, and your vision so that you can refine everything.
THREE THINGS YOU MUST KNOW TO SELL YOUR WORK (online and offline)
1. Your website is your gallery, but start simple. Less is more and the most important thing is that you share your gorgeous work with the world. Don’t let a website hold you back (that’s what MAW is for — hint hint)
2. Your collectors won’t find you unless you invite them into your space (marketing your website, social presence, art shows, craft fairs, gallery shows, email marketing… use your compelling storytelling, showing up on behalf of your work because it is worth your support and love).
3. Your work will only be attractive if you are actively attracting people to your work (clarifying your story, brand vibe + aesthetic)
Spend some time with these three areas of your business (and yes, if you are an artist who hopes to sell her work, you absolutely have a business. Don't let that shiny word intimidate you!)
Consider each area individually and fine one place that needs a little refinement:
- Your work's presence in the world (via your website, art shows, IG, Etsy... wherever you share your work)
- Your marketing efforts (no one will find your work unless you actively invite them to do so).
- The attractiveness of your work. And I don't mean "prettiness" -- I mean how well is your work aligning with your vision? And is your vision aligning with your collectors and buyers?
This is a short video, but it is FULL of ideas that can change everything for you and for your career! They certainly have changed my life!
Come back tomorrow! We're discussing how you know when your art is "good". I'll share some honest and thoughtful tips for evaluating your work and building your business around the pieces that truly SHINE.
Join the Share The Work Facebook group! It's a hoppin' place full of amazing Creatives and Artists!
SHARE ABOUT "SHARE THE WORK" IN YOUR INSTAGRAM STORIES!
I've put together a beautiful bundle of images and graphics for you! Check it out here.
Want to make sure you get notified of each video and lesson?