Hmmm there seems to be a problem fetching this series right now. Last successful fetch was on July 17, 2021 11:18 ()
What now? This series will be checked again in the next day. If you believe it should be working, please verify the publisher's feed link below is valid and includes actual episode links. You can contact support to request the feed be immediately fetched.
Manage episode 284646195 series 2494625
How do you know if your work is "worth selling"? In this video, I break down exactly how I evaluate my work, my collections, and my voice in the world.
While this title might sound intimidating, keep listening! I think you're going to find that your creativity WANTS TO REWARD YOU. It wants you to be successful. It wants to live boldly and beautifully in the world.
10 tips for evaluating your work
- Does it resonate with you?
- Does the concept excite you?
- Can you sit with it in peace for a few moments?
- Did it feel good to create on an emotional and physical level?
- Did you enjoy the creative process?
- Were your motives pure in the creation phase? If you are creating from a place of peace and abundance, the work will reflect that.
- Do you enjoy living around the work? If I can spend time with the work then I am proud to sell it
- Does it feel true to your vision, worldview, and voice?
- With all the history you have accumulated as an observer, how does this match up? Is it a rough first attempt? Is it a masterpiece? Something in the middle?
- Does it feel different from everything else you've seen? We’re all drawing from the same big, beautiful pot of inspiration. However, draw upon that inspiration from your own perspective. Pursue originality! It is worth the struggle, learning curve, and the pursuit of purity!
WHEN YOU FEEL CONFIDENT IN YOUR WORK YOU CAN TAKE GREATER RISKS
I would love to hear how you have taken risks in your studio! Some days, just showing up feels risky enough -- other days creating something new or larger or a different subject matter can feel like a heroic act. ;)
Need more support as you grow your creative work AND your creative business? Making Art Work opens on the 18th!
"This course [Making Art Work] was so unbelievably comprehensive, it really didn’t miss the mark on anything. My website is new and stunning and I feel like I have all the tools to kickstart this adventure immediately. In fact, a few weeks into the course I decided to quit my day job. Thanks to the course I have a plan and I’m feeling confident in myself in a way I never did before." -- Maria Wigge