Manage episode 306847449 series 2920613
As winter approaches, you might spot an unusual sight on the streets of Denmark: fashionable people (mostly women) wearing an all-in-one ski suit worn predominantly by toddlers.
These ski suits (or rather "flight suits") have become a fashion trend in Denmark in recent years, and they show no signs of stopping.
Sam and Josefine discuss the past, present and future of this trend with lifestyle expert Julia Lahme, and what it says about Danish culture as a whole.
- How flyverdragter are linked to the importance placed by Danes on fresh air
- The history of flyverdragter - from shipyard apparel to fashion item
- Why it is deemed a human right (kind of) for small children to have flyverdragter in Denmark
- Flyverdragter in other countries, and how it is a growing export market
- General fashion trends, especially as the Covid pandemic finishes
Find out more from Julia via: https://julialahme.dk/
Thanks to The Dalset for sharing flyverdragter we referenced in this episode, head to https://thedalset.com/ to see more of their flightsuits and how you can get one too.
Thanks also to Eco Hotels for hosting us in their Guldsmeden Hotel in Islands Brygge, Copenhagen. Learn more: https://guldsmedenhotels.com/