Manage episode 377551777 series 3081241
Brad Pickett is a retired MMA fighter in the UFC he was known as "One Punch" due to his ability to knock people out.
Steve and Brad discuss his fighting career and views on combat sports. He shared his perspectives on differences between UFC and Bellator. Pickett also talks about what defines success to him.
- Developing toughness and resilience in combat sports
- Being famous doesn't change who you are, good or bad
- The benefits and risks of sparring in combat sports
- Pickett explaining his bare knuckle boxing match and why he chose to do it
- His analysis of the dangers of head trauma from sparring compared to actual fights
- Discussing the differences between promotions like UFC promoting all fighters, not just the main event
- Pickett sharing what truly motivates him other than money
ABOUT THE HOST
The Steven Sulley Study is my take on success. My view is you should have multiple focuses to be a well-rounded individual. Success shouldn’t be just one thing like money, for example, it should also consist of a healthy fit lifestyle and thriving relationships.
As a person who has made a success in life and also made huge cock-ups I feel I can offer suggestions and tips on how to become successful or at least start your pursuit. My ‘Study’ has taken resources from reading and education plus being around, my perception, of successful people and I, know a lot of successful people from all walks of life.
My ‘Study’ coming from my experiences in business, investing, sales (my core background), training, boxing and education has enabled me to become well rounded and successful and I will help you in these key areas too.