Manage episode 268912562 series 2772928
Wanna go down an internet hole? Here are some links for content mentioned in the show (wait, did you already sign up for our mailing list?):
- In this inaugural episode of The Ethical Rainmaker, Michelle talks with friend and fellow Co-Chair of Community-Centric Fundraising
- Vu Le - is one of the most amplified voices in the nonprofit/philanthropy sector worldwide, by way of his blog, nonprofitAF.com.
Vu talks about how two of his blog posts...
- How Donor-Centrism is Perpetuating Inequality and Why We Must Move Toward Community-Centric Fundraising
- The 9 Principles of Community-Centric Fundraising
...sent shock waves throughout the sector, inciting emotion and action. ((BTW there are 10 Principles now and they are ever evolving))
- Vu mentioned an org that sent their donors So You Want To Talk About Race by Ijeoma Oluo as a donor-education tool + book club.
His npo experiences include:
- Beginning his career at Kandelia (formerly Vietnamese Friendship Association)
- He founded RVC!
- He volunteers with National Day Laborer Association (NDLON) and of course, as the Co-Chair of Community-Centric Fundraising
- and sits on the boards of at Progress Alliance and Creating The Future
- Our most recent vegan ice cream fix came from Frankie & Jo's.
- A special thank you to Seattle-band Trick Candles for letting us use their self-released single, "I'm Gold."
This is a brand new podcast and we could use all the help we can get! The best way to support us is by subscribing on your fav pod player, rating us (esp on iTunes...yeah, I know) and honestly...share it out to friends and colleagues. Write us any time at email@example.com or visit us at theethicalrainmaker.com.