Manage episode 326065879 series 2862228
This week's episode is related to the topic of overwhelm from last week. I am talking today about different technologies and systems I've implemented to help me stay focused throughout the day!
Do you find yourself getting to the end of the day feeling exhausted and also realizing that you didn't accomplish much despite being really busy?
Like a lot of you, I am often trying to do more than one thing at a time while also being distracted by messages and notifications that feel urgent. This cycle increases my anxiety and I realized that I needed to create some simple structures to feel more in control of my time.
I talked about:
- having notebooks/pads in every room to write tasks that come to mind
- using wireless headphones with ambient music for walks and getting organized in the morning
- getting a wireless keyboard and mouse to be more comfortable working
- my colour coded whiteboard calendar
- using a Pomodoro timer app to take regular breaks
- taking walks every day
- scheduling rest days into my week