Manage episode 253094071 series 2368317
Matt & Adrian sit down for a chat looking back at 2019—which books ended up being our favorites, which episodes did we like, and how did we do in terms of diversity of authors, genres, and guests?
A big thanks to everyone who has stuck with us for two years now! Or who have just begun listening—we hope you'll stick around.
In addition, we were asked by a listener on Twitter (@spectologypod) to talk a bit about our favorite fantasy books, so we do that at the end. Here's a list of everything we mention (amazon links are affiliates):
* Bear Daughter by Judith Berman (now back in print!)
* The Steerswoman series by Rosemary Kirstein
* The Heroes by Joe Abercrombie
* Finna by Nino Cipri
* The Deep by Rivers Solomon
* The Hero and the Crown by Robin McKinley
* The Forgotten Beasts of Eld by Patricia A. McKillip
* The Dying Earth (now published as Marizan the Magician) by Jack Vance
* The Book of the New Sun by Gene Wolf
* The King in Yellow by Robert W. Chambers
* The Cradle series by Will Wight
* Jade City by Fonda Lee
* The Tensorate series by JY Yang
* Monkey (an abridged translation of Journey to the West) by Arthur Whaley
* The Worm of Ouroboros by E.R. Eddison
* The Ghormenghast trilogy by Mervyn Peake
* The Nightland by William Hope Hodgson
As always, we'd love to hear from you! Chat with us on twitter at @spectologypod, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or submit the episode to r/printSF on reddit. We'll reply, and shout you out in the next podcast when we talk about your comment.
And if you like the episode, subscribe at spectology.com or whever you listen to podcasts, and share it with your friends!