IRS Commissioner Talks About the State of the Service
Manage episode 325655083 series 2286091
IRS Commissioner Charles Rettig discusses the current state of the tax agency, including the paper return backlog, technology improvements, and hiring updates.
Listen to the entire interview here: The State of the IRS with Commissioner Charles Rettig
For additional coverage, read these articles in Tax Notes:
- Rettig Warns Against New Info Reporting Rules Without Funding
- New Tax Credits Blamed for Huge Number of 2021 Filing Errors
- New Hiring Authority Paying Off for IRS, Rettig Says
- Taxpayer Advocate Urges Rapid IRS Uptake of Paper-Scanning Tech
- IRS Modernization Has Means but Not Funding, Rettig Says
- Rettig Makes a Big Backlog Pledge, Defends Audit Priorities
Follow us on Twitter:
- Cara Griffith: @TaxCaraGriffith
- David Stewart: @TaxStew
- Tax Notes: @TaxNotes
For more about the Christopher E. Bergin Award for Excellence in Writing, visit taxnotes.com/students.
This episode is sponsored by Avalara. For more information, visit avalara.com/taxnotes.
This episode is sponsored by SafeSend. For more information, visit safesend.com.
This episode is sponsored by the UC Irvine School of Law’s Graduate Tax Program. For more information, visit https://ce.uci.edu/?utm_source=TNM&utm_medium=podcast&utm_campaign=2022taxnote.
This episode is sponsored by the District of Columbia Bar. For more information, visit dcbar.org.
Host: David D. Stewart
Executive Producers: Jasper B. Smith, Paige Jones
Showrunner and Audio Engineer: Jordan Parrish
Guest Relations: Alexis Hart