First-Class Tax Opportunities: Golden Visas and Passports
Manage episode 328320107 series 2286091
Elodie Lamer and Nana Ama Sarfo of Tax Notes discuss the tax implications of golden visas and passports, which allow affluent foreigners to receive residency or citizenship in exchange for a minimum level of investment.
For additional coverage, read these articles in Tax Notes:
- EU Commission Proposes Thorough Examinations of Golden Visas
- EU Commission Steps Up Legal Fight Over Maltese Golden Passports
- EU Commission Wants to Revoke Golden Passports of Putin Allies
- EU Considers Strengthening Security Checks of Golden Visa Holders
- Italy and NGOs Call for Open Wealth Registry to Target Russians
- Analysis: Tax Incentives Among the Lures Targeting Digital Nomads
- Vanuatu’s Golden Passport Regime Endangers Agreement With EU
- EU Greenlights Malta's Plans for Tackling Tax Avoidance
Follow us on Twitter:
- Elodie Lamer: @ElodieLamer
- Nana Ama Sarfo: @nanaama_sarfo
- David Stewart: @TaxStew
- Tax Notes: @TaxNotes
For more information about the Tax Analysts Public Service Fellowship, visit our press release at taxnotes.com/fellowship.
This episode is sponsored by SafeSend. For more information, visit safesend.com.
This episode is sponsored by Avalara. For more information, visit avalara.com/taxnotes.
Host: David D. Stewart
Executive Producers: Jasper B. Smith, Paige Jones
Showrunner and Audio Engineer: Jordan Parrish
Guest Relations: Alexis Hart