Speaking with charity organization SafePet Ontario | How you can help survivors of family violence and human trafficking through fostering dogs and pets
Manage episode 359069844 series 2999129
Host Yamini speaks to SafePet Ontario chair Yvonne Tang. This episode may contain potentially triggering content for those who face family violence and human trafficking.
SafePet Ontario focuses on providing safekeeping for those fleeing family violence and human trafficking by temporarily finding foster homes for their beloved pets. We discuss what they do for Ontario, the situation in Ontario for survivors and how you can help by fostering for the organization.
If you’re looking for more information on intimate partner violence or human trafficking in Canada:
- Women Gender Equality Canada (Intimate Partner Violence)
- Canadian Women (Gender Based Violence)
- Family Services of Peel (Human Trafficking in Peel)
- Canadian Human Trafficking Hotline
If you or someone you love are struggling with family violence or human trafficking, find a list of resources here (family violence) and here (human trafficking).
- Our new intro and outro were produced by Creatorly Media.
- There may be some swearing in this podcast.
- All advice given on Rescue Dog Love podcast is from a personal standpoint only - every dog is different and should be evaluated by a professional. For questions on your dog's training and health, please consult your vet and trainer and do thorough research.
- Please rate us on Spotify Podcast and review us on Apple Podcasts to help our show continue to thrive and reach new people!
- We also have a Buy Me a [Pizza] account, where all proceeds will go towards my monthly podcasting fees. Support the show!