E4 Betting on Yourself as a Creative Entrepreneur ✨💥
Manage episode 335031186 series 3373638
In this short but sweet episode of the Pollen Podcast, I talk about the importance of making big leaps of faith — especially in creative entrepreneurship. Listen as I share my experiences, taking one leap to another, and how each move has contributed to my journey as a creative entrepreneur.
Listen to this episode to learn more about the importance of taking a leap of faith in your journey as a creative entrepreneur.
Create your own creative entrepreneurship story of clarity, professional confidence, and profit. Join Diana’s 90-day group course Camp Clarity and learn everything you wish you already knew, like how to land dream clients, harness the power of social media, and make the money you deserve. Learn more here.🔥Here are three reasons why you should listen to this episode:
- Taking big leaps is the key to success in entrepreneurship. Learn from my leaps, and even from my stumbles, and how each experience contributed to my success as a creative entrepreneur.
- Understand the importance of self-trust and self-love in making big, bold moves.
- Recognize the importance of having a solid support system, may it be a partner, a coach, or a community of entrepreneurs.
- Achieve the life, career, and clients you’ve always wanted (and fully deserve!). Sign up for Diana’s Camp Clarity Course
- Access other courses from the Diana Davis Creative
- Connect with me: Website | LinkedIn | Instagram
🎧Episode Highlights [01:25] The Importance of Taking Big Leaps
- Taking big leaps, in Diana’s opinion, is the number one key to successful entrepreneurship.
- It pays to not overthink everything. Make big leaps for yourself and your business.
- These leaps can be as simple as confidently showing up for a client or hiring more people despite constraints.
- If you’re still hesitant, you can always take inspiration from other people.
Diana: “It’s so empowering to hear what other people are doing. And when we're around people who are taking big leaps, we're more apt to take our own big leaps.”[03:54] Learning Risk Tolerance from Diana’s Father
- Diana was raised in a family of entrepreneurs who took big risks — including those that were less smart and more heartfelt.
- She built her risk tolerance seeing her dad work in a high-paying corporate position, but decide to leave to be an entrepreneur.
- Diana believes in the value of prioritizing “living” over security and wealth.
- Not all leaps are the same. Some are super healthy and some aren’t.
- Our relationships play into who we are as a people and how we show up as brands.
- We should learn to appreciate both our successful and failed moves because they teach us valuable lessons.
- After her divorce, Diana lived alone and started to journey within herself. She learned to stop seeking validation from other people.
- Self-trust and self-love are big themes in taking leaps. You have to have both to succeed.
Diana: “When you get to the place where you are your favorite person to hang with, where you actually love yourself more than anyone else and honor your energy, boundaries, and life before anyone else… When that happens, it is magical.”[9:02] Diana’s Bold Move to New York
- Diana moved to New York without a job or a plan.
- This is where she learned to trust herself. She knew that she had the skills and hard work ethic to succeed.
- Know that you have navigated yourself to where you are today and that you can move forward and navigate yourself onto the coming path.
Diana: “You have to take the leap, and not just monkey bar [leap]. You have to have some hang time without anyone to catch you or anything to hold on to. And guess what? You’re going to reach the other side or there will be a net beneath you.”[11:48] The Value of Full Commitment
- Diana got laid off from her job in the magazine industry and decided to take her biggest leap yet: pursuing entrepreneurship.
- She gave herself an ultimatum: if she hadn’t progressed after 4 months, she was going to get a corporate job again.
- She knows that it is relatively easier to get a job nowadays. That is her net.
- Commit fully and you’re going to make it. Stutter step and you’re going to fall short.
- Get yourself people who can cheer you on as you make the big leap. Believe that they will guide you down the best paths in life.
- Your support can be your friends, a coach, or a community of other entrepreneurs.
- In terms of making big moves, Diana didn’t realize she could go backwards.
- It was a big leap for her to commit to someone and choose another person over herself.
- Make conscious decisions based on self-trust.
Now’s the best time to bet on yourself! Take that leap and believe that no matter the outcome, it will move you further on your journey to success.
Pollen is a podcast for Creative Entrepreneurs — just like you! If you enjoyed this episode of Pollen Podcast, subscribe and help us spread the word by sharing it!
Leave a review and share it! ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐If you enjoyed tuning in to this podcast, we'd appreciate it if you wrote us a review. You can also share it to help other creative entrepreneurs.
Have any questions or want to leave a suggestion? Come say hi on the 'gram @dianadaviscreative. You can also subscribe to my newsletter for travel updates, learn about special projects, and get tips and tricks for the creative entrepreneur life!
Connect with me on Linkedin: Diana Davis Creative.
Thanks for listening! Stay tuned to my website for more episode updates and other exciting programs and resources.