E34 How to Pursue Your Entrepreneurial Dream + Support Yourself Along the Way 💡💰
Manage episode 348687938 series 3373638
We all have this ideal picture of what being an entrepreneur looks like. To many, this is quitting your job, becoming your own boss, and immediately finding success through grit. But the reality is not always smooth-sailing. Having an "all or nothing" mindset can put an end to the dreams you’re pursuing. Sometimes, taking on work you don't want can get you closer to where you want to be.
In this episode of The Pollen Podcast, Diana talks about how to support your entrepreneurship dream realistically. Yes, alignment and energy are important, but you won't get there by waiting for things to work out. You have to work hard and work smart, even if it means taking on jobs you don't necessarily want. So don't quit your job just yet — it can be your stepping stone toward the career that really aligns with you. 🏃♀️
Listen to this episode to learn why pursuing your entrepreneurship doesn’t mean you have to quit your job!
Create your own creative entrepreneurship story of clarity, professional confidence, and profit. Join Diana’s 90-day group course Camp Clarity and learn everything you wish you already knew, like how to land dream clients, harness the power of social media, and make the money you deserve. Learn more here.🔥Here are three reasons why you should listen to this episode:
- How to make genuine connections that don't feel solely transactional.
- Find out how to pursue a fully-aligned career without having to quit your job.
- Learn how taking on work you don’t necessarily want can support your entrepreneurship dream.
- E29 Keeping a Creative Outlet + Pursuing a Full-time Career with Rolanda Evelyn 👗🌀
- Achieve the life, career, and clients you’ve always wanted (and fully deserve!). Join the waitlist for Camp Clarity!
- Want your creative business to go even further? Sign up for ASCEND, a four-month immersive mastermind experience for elevated entrepreneurs who are ready to scale their next mountain. Join the waitlist here. ⛰️
- Want to have one-on-one coaching support from Diana? Check out the brand new Voxer Coaching Container.
- Attract your dream clients with my free masterclass!
- Access other courses from the Diana Davis Creative
- Connect with me: Website | LinkedIn | Instagram
- Diana is currently in Tamarama in Sydney, Australia.
- By sharing where she's at and what she's doing in life, she’s been able to connect with so many people.
- Going into situations with the intention of connection and not transaction is huge. Authenticity thrives in pure connection.
- Tune in to the full episode to hear about the connections Diana made during her stay in Australia!
- Your followers are real people who most likely found you through something else.
- Tag accounts and include the location when you’re sharing things that you’re doing on social media. It might get you a new connection or client.
- Reaching out to your followers is a huge and easy thing to do. It's about putting yourself out there first, following through, and following up.
[09:44] Diana Davis: “People don’t want to just follow you. They want to be connected with and not sold to.”
- Business is like dating — you have to keep the seed planted, the garden watered, and nurture the connection.
- There is no shame in having another job while pursuing entrepreneurship.
- Quit your job if you feel it is right, but be aware that there's no shame in working somewhere that isn't 100% aligned with you to make ends meet.
- There is an in-between period where you want to do entrepreneurship full-time, but it's not quite working yet.
- Think of your entrepreneurship career as a baby that's just learning how to walk. You can't ask it to run a marathon immediately.
- Being able to say 'no' to work that you still love to do is a privilege.
- Sometimes, you have to be grateful for the job you have because it's paying the bills. The financial stress it relieves can then help you flourish in your aligned work.
- Stay aligned with what you're doing, but analyze your situation.
[19:55] Diana Davis: “Take the job at the brewery, take the job at the coffee shop, take the photography job that you don't necessarily love, but you're still able to use your skills, and you're still able to make new connections. And most likely, the universe is putting that thing in front of you as a stepping stone.”
- You don’t need to feel ashamed for having to get an ‘actual job’ to support your dream. It's part of the process.
- You’ll get to your dream, but you won’t get there by just sitting and wishing for everything to align and work out. You have to co-collaborate with the universe.
- Success for many creatives is when people finally start hiring them for their style.
- Getting your name out there may require doing stuff you don't necessarily want to do. But it could lead to various opportunities to finally take the work you truly desire.
[23:46] Diana Davis: "Let's still work hard for what we want. Yes, alignment. Yes, energy. But you know, that's apparent too when we go and say, 'Hey, I'm willing to go work at a brewery part-time to make my dream happen.' That's energy and alignment too."
- It's about being smart and creative about the work you take on instead of always saying 'no.'
- You have to get in tune with both your feminine and masculine sides to reach a place of alignment. You have to have riverbeds to support a river. Otherwise, you're a lake.
Enjoyed this Podcast on Supporting Your Entrepreneurship Dream?
Doing entrepreneurship full-time is THE dream for many of us. But unfortunately, the reality of getting there is not as easy as we'd like it to be. You can't just risk it all and go all in with no safety net to fall back on. Instead, you have to work smart. Sometimes, that means taking on work you don't necessarily want. So don't quit your job just yet — it might be just what you need to get where you dream of being.
Pollen is a podcast for Creative Entrepreneurs — just like you! If you enjoyed this episode of Pollen Podcast, subscribe and help us spread the word by sharing it!
Leave a review and share it! ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐If you enjoyed tuning in to this podcast, we'd appreciate it if you wrote us a review. You can also share it to help other creative entrepreneurs.
Have any questions or want to leave a suggestion? Come say hi on the 'gram @dianadaviscreative! You can also subscribe to my newsletter for travel updates, learn about special projects, and get tips and tricks for the creative entrepreneur life!
Connect with me on Linkedin: Diana Davis Creative.
Thanks for listening! Stay tuned to my website for more episode updates and other exciting programs and resources.