E30 Why the Best Investment for Your Business Is Sometimes… Taking Space 📔🍃
Manage episode 346116838 series 3373638
The hustle and bustle of entrepreneurship can be overwhelming (and for many reasons). No one has everything figured out, and that's okay! You just need the right tools to help you along the way. Making the best investments for you — particularly ones that aren’t financial — are key to battling the overwhelm. Create space for yourself, and invest in preventing burnout.
In this episode of The Pollen Podcast, Diana shares her reflections on living out of a suitcase and two backpacks. She gives her top three tips on how she deals with being overwhelmed: acknowledge, let go, and invest in space. Diana also shares why investing in space can be the best investment for yourself and your business.
Feeling overwhelmed? Listen to this episode to learn how you can regain control of your life.
Create your own creative entrepreneurship story of clarity, professional confidence, and profit. Join Diana’s 90-day group course Camp Clarity and learn everything you wish you already knew, like how to land dream clients, harness the power of social media, and make the money you deserve. Learn more here.
🔥Here are three reasons why you should listen to this episode:
- Learn how to manage and let go of overwhelming situations.
- Find out why investing in space can be the best decision you make for yourself.
- Learn what you can invest in to create space in your business and in life.
- Achieve the life, career, and clients you’ve always wanted (and fully deserve!). Sign up for Diana’s Camp Clarity Course now!
- Want your creative business to go even further? Sign up for Diana’s ASCEND four-month, immersive mastermind experience for elevated entrepreneurs who are ready to scale their next mountain. Join the waitlist here.
- Diana’s Living Room Dance playlist
- Access other courses from the Diana Davis Creative
- Connect with me: Website | LinkedIn | Instagram
[01:30] Diana’s Plans
- Diana is currently staying in a sublet in Chelsea, Manhattan.
- She will be traveling to Paris, Australia, and New Zealand beginning next week until December.
- The longest time Diana has stayed in one place lately was for 18 days in her friend's home in Fort Greene, New York.
- She is also in the launch of Camp Clarity and is preparing for Ascend.
- Diana sometimes feels overwhelmed thinking about her current nomadic lifestyle and schedule.
[04:05] Living Out of One Suitcase & Two Backpacks
- Diana is currently living out of one suitcase and two backpacks.
[04:36] Diana: “I realized, ‘Holy shit, I'm living out of a suitcase and I'm doing this all on my own. And it felt like if I stopped rowing this boat, I'm going to drown,’ and I'm the only one rowing the boat.”
- Diana knows that she has so much to be grateful for, but the feeling of being overwhelmed still gets to her sometimes.
- She began to understand that events in her life would go on whether or not she freaked out.
- Life is not all sunshine and rainbows, but you are not alone in that.
- Everyone is facing something difficult that triggers them or activates their nervous systems.
[06:13] Choosing To Let Go
- Understand that you have a choice.
- You can let go and say, “This is not what I am available for.”
[06:44] Diana: “I can either freak [out] and just be a mess, or I can straighten my backbone and breathe and work and move through it and choose to be grateful and excited for what is happening in my life.”
- Take it with a grain of salt.
- In times of overwhelm, Diana takes walks and meditates.
- Sometimes, she also dances to her Living Room Dance playlist. You can listen to Diana’s Living Room Dance playlist here.
[07:53] You Are Not Alone
- Entrepreneurship, nomadic living, and life in general are activating.
- The capitalist culture can make you feel like you are not doing enough.
- Understand that these feelings and things happen.
- Remember, you are not alone.
[08:27] Your Best Investment
- Create space to invest in yourself (like coaching containers).
- Allow yourself to drop into this space.
- This space is the best investment you can make for yourself.
[09:54] Why You Need to Invest in and Create Space
- Create space for you to think about things other than work.
- This space will allow you to move away from your business and enjoy life for a time.
- Investing in this time for yourself will help you think outside the box and have more creative ideas.
- Create space for yourself. Make time, or else you will burn out.
[11:32] Final Takeaways
- Permit yourself to invest in yourself.
- Investing your time and energy into space is a purposeful, intentional, and smart move.
- Becoming a couch potato and just relaxing isn't how to go about creating this intentional space, though sometimes this is what our bodies need.
- Instead, it can be catching up with your family, taking time to sit and journal, or choosing to have a slow morning.
[12:57] Diana: "Get out of the muck when you're in the muck, like choosing to stand up in the water instead of flailing. A lot of times when we're flailing, we think we're drowning. I tell my clients to stand up. The water is only two feet deep. Right? It's not as crazy as you think it is. It's not an emergency like you think it is."
Enjoyed this Podcast on Why You Should Create Space?
Entrepreneurial life is not all sunshine and rainbows. The hustle culture can make you feel like you are not doing enough. That’s why it’s vital to create space for yourself — a space to heal, refresh, and recharge.
Pollen is a podcast for Creative Entrepreneurs — just like you! If you enjoyed this episode of Pollen Podcast, subscribe and help us spread the word by sharing it!
Leave a review and share it! ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐If you enjoyed tuning in to this podcast, we'd appreciate it if you wrote us a review. You can also share it to help other creative entrepreneurs.
Have any questions or want to leave a suggestion? Come say hi on the 'gram @dianadaviscreative! You can also subscribe to my newsletter for travel updates, learn about special projects, and get tips and tricks for the creative entrepreneur life!
Connect with me on Linkedin: Diana Davis Creative.
Thanks for listening! Stay tuned to my website for more episode updates, exciting programs, and valuable resources.