E11 Hitting the Road + Going Nomadic 🚗✈️
Manage episode 335031179 series 3373638
So answer the call, trust yourself, and have the courage to make the big jump. It's never too late to live the life you truly want.
In this episode of The Pollen Podcast, Diana talks about day one of her true nomadic journey and what entering this new chapter means for her. It feels safe to stay in the comforts of the things we're used to doing and being around—we hold on to them. But sometimes, we need to just let life unfold. Like trees shedding their leaves, you've got to start anew and transition to a new life path when it's time. 🍂
Listen to this episode to learn why you should take the big leap toward the next chapter in your new life!
Create your own creative entrepreneurship story of clarity, professional confidence, and profit. Join Diana’s 90-day group course Camp Clarity and learn everything you wish you already knew, like how to land dream clients, harness the power of social media, and make the money you deserve. Learn more here.🔥Here are three reasons why you should listen to this episode:
- How we can be excited for and embrace the life changes we don’t expect versus resisting them.
- Learn why you should say “F**k it” to your 5-year plan.
- Be inspired to let go of anything that's making you feel stuck and enter a new life chapter.
- Achieve the life, career, and clients you’ve always wanted (and fully deserve!). Sign up for Diana’s Camp Clarity Course now!
- Take a week off and join the first Diana Davis Creative Retreat in Steamboat Springs, Colorado, from August 29 to September 1!
- Attract your dream clients with my free masterclass!
- Access other courses from the Diana Davis Creative
- Connect with me: Website | LinkedIn | Instagram
- The first Diana Davis Creative Retreat will take place from August 29 to September 1.
- Diana invites creative entrepreneurs to take a week off, lean into boundaries, and let go during the retreat.
- The venue of the retreat is in Steamboat Springs, Colorado.
- The retreat involves exploring nature, live coaching, yoga, and meditation.
- The first stop of Diana’s true nomadic journey is New York City.
- New York has been the landing pad for Diana when things become solo. She moved there without any plans after her divorce.
- The city is now holding her again after a six-year relationship.
- Apart from being the city that never sleeps, New York is Diana’s soul city.
- Diana turned 32 on the day of recording the episode.
- The new chapter of her life is a blank slate that she wasn't expecting.
[06:41] Diana Davis: “We've been throwing this cliche around a lot but, ‘When you make plans, God laughs.’ But if we can be excited for those changes, then I think we're in a good spot.”
- As a Gemini, there’s been a lot of chaotic energy around her.
- Being on a nomadic journey is Diana saying “hell yes” to herself.
- Diana was lost when she first moved to New York. She hadn’t found herself in any capacity yet.
- She’s grateful for the opportunity to be dating herself in the growth part of life she’s in.
- She’s the same person today with layers shed from when she was 25.
- Look back on your journey so far. Where were you physically and spiritually a year ago and five years ago?
- 80% of us didn’t plan for where we are now. One of Diana’s big things is to F the 5-year plan.
- Getting divorced made her feel like she had received a second chance — a new life.
- Moving to New York and getting divorced wasn’t part of her 5-year plan, but she’s grateful for them.
[11:06] Diana Davis: “Have some sort of idea and intention—maybe intention is the better word. Have some sort of plan but being very open to that plan changing. Because again, if the universe has something in store for you that's different from what you think, you can actually get really excited about it because it's going to be better than you could have ever imagined.”
- Tap into your desires and intentions, but let life unfold and make room for changing your mind.
- The things we hold on to could be learning experiences for the next thing.
- We have different stages in our lives. We’re never entirely sure if we want to do something forever.
- Compost and fertilize your past for the next chapter, along with the dead leaves you must let fall away for new life to grow.
- Trees don’t keep their leaves; they shed them when it’s time. What do you need to shed? What do you want to start?
[13:21] Diana Davis: “There's amazing things in store for you. But you have to be willing to see them, willing to trust yourself, willing to take the jump—the leap—when the universe says jump.”Enjoyed this Podcast on Starting a New Life Chapter?
It's scary to take the leap and start a new life chapter. But sometimes, you just have to trust the universe, scream, and go for it. Here's to filling up a fresh slate! ✊
Pollen is a podcast for Creative Entrepreneurs — just like you! If you enjoyed this episode of Pollen Podcast, subscribe and help us spread the word by sharing it!
Leave a review and share it! ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐If you enjoyed tuning in to this podcast, we'd appreciate it if you wrote us a review. You can also share it to help other creative entrepreneurs.
Have any questions or want to leave a suggestion? Come say hi on the 'gram @dianadaviscreative! You can also subscribe to my newsletter for travel updates, learn about special projects, and get tips and tricks for the creative entrepreneur life!
Connect with me on Linkedin: Diana Davis Creative.
Thanks for listening! Stay tuned to my website for more episode updates and other exciting programs and resources.