Manage episode 361078844 series 1355223
For episode 207 of the Metta Hour Podcast, we are celebrating the release of Sharon’s new book, Real Life, with a recording of her virtual book launch event.
Recorded on April 11, 2023, and hosted by the Insight Meditation Society’s Book Club, this event features a conversation with Sharon and JoAnna Hardy, moderated by Dan Harris.
Real Life is now available from Flatiron Books in hardcover, ebook, and audiobook formats. To learn more about the book or get a copy, you can visit Sharon’s website here.
In this conversation, Sharon, JoAnna, and Dan speak about:
- The impetus for the book, Real Life
- How committed meditators can still be stuck
- Where Sharon struggles with openness
- Joanna’s journey with shame
- The difference between guilt and shame
- Handshake practice
- Growth mindset versus fixed mindset
- Joanna’s daily practice
- Love taking the form of fierce compassionNavigating a meditation drought
- The growing pains of learning new things
- What role community plays in Real Life
- Aging gracefully and staying open
- What authentic living means to Sharon