Manage episode 352276550 series 3343131
On this episode, as we begin to record, we find out the breaking news about Pro-Bolsonaro’s supporters breaking into government buildings, including the Supreme Court, the Presidential Palace, and Congress, in a clear echo of the US’s January 6th.
We continue our conversation on the latest updates on the Russia-Ukraine war, including the significance of the continuing battle for Bakmut, increasing Western military aid and support, and some good news for Europe’s energy crisis.
Then we are onto the main story, the Republican takeover of the U.S. House of Representatives and the implications for US Foreign Policy. We discuss the new select committee on China, the promised hearings on the Afghanistan withdrawal, and, last and least, Hunter Biden.
Topics Discussed in this Episode
- January 8th insurrection in Brazil
- Ryan and Anita’s War on the Rocks Article
- Russia-Ukraine War Update
- Republican Takeover of the U.S. House and the Foreign Policy Implications
- Plus an overview of the dirty deeds of the Biden crime family overseas ;-).
Articles and Resources Mentioned in Episode
Ryan and Anita’s War on the Rocks Article
Russia-Ukraine War Update
- Russia's Completely Avoidable "Shell Hunger" in Ukraine (Edward Slavsquat)
- Lagging Arms Production Makes Pentagon Wary of Further Industry Consolidation (WSJ)
- A Russian warlord’s savagery is sending a loud message to Moscow (The Economist)
- Europe’s energy prices slump. Just not on your bill. (Politico)
Republican Takeover of US House and the Foreign Policy Implications
- New House Select Committee seeks 'Cold War' victory over China (Politico)
- Rep. Mike Gallagher's committee will push back against China (NPR)
- Exclusive: GOP launches probe into handling of Afghanistan withdrawal (Axios)
- What are the allegations against Hunter Biden? (The Economist)