Stephen Lathrope: Global Head of Insurance, ICEYE: Real-time monitoring from space - fast, accurate and persistent (197)
ซีรีส์ที่ถูกเก็บถาวร ("ฟีดที่ไม่ได้ใช้งาน" status)
When? This feed was archived on September 02, 2022 15:29 (). Last successful fetch was on July 31, 2022 20:04 ()
Why? ฟีดที่ไม่ได้ใช้งาน status. เซิร์ฟเวอร์ของเราไม่สามารถดึงฟีดพอดคาสท์ที่ใช้งานได้สักระยะหนึ่ง
What now? You might be able to find a more up-to-date version using the search function. This series will no longer be checked for updates. If you believe this to be in error, please check if the publisher's feed link below is valid and contact support to request the feed be restored or if you have any other concerns about this.
Manage episode 333968112 series 2362855
ICEYE delivers what it calls “persistent monitoring capabilities for any location on earth” using synthetic aperture radar satellites. ICEYE’s data can be collected day or night and through cloud cover.
Its constellation of 21 satellites enables it to capture images before, during, and after a flood event multiple times a day.
Stephen Lathrope is the Global Head of Insurance for ICEYE and joined Matthew to discuss how ICEYE is expanding its offering from floods and into other natural perils, its ability to acquire information and the benefits of the geospatial platform.
Talking points include:
- What synthetic aperture radar is and why it is important
- The advanced field testing happening to enable insights and imaging of wildfires
- How the team at ICEYE delivered data within 24 hours following the floods in Queensland
- How the company works with partners including Arturo, AXA Climate, Swiss Re and EigenRisk
- How its data is acting as the trigger point in parametric insurance services
If you like what you're hearing, please leave us a review on whichever platform you use or contact Matthew Grant on LinkedIn.
Sign up to the InsTech newsletter for a fresh view on the world every Wednesday morning.
Continuing Professional Development - Learning Objectives
InsTech is accredited by The Chartered Insurance Institute (CII). By listening to any InsTech podcast or reading the accompanying transcript, you can claim up to 0.5 hours towards the CII member CPD scheme.
The Learning Objectives for this podcast are:
- Define 'synthetic aperture radar' (SAR) and the benefits of using this for data collection
- Describe the process of capturing and delivering insights and imaging following natural catastrophes
- Summarise the relevance of SAR satellite data for the parametric insurance space
If your organisation is a member of InsTech and you would like to receive a quarterly summary of the CPD hours you have earned, visit the Episode 197 page of the InsTech website or email email@example.com to let us know you have listened to this podcast.
To help us measure the impact of the learning, we would be grateful if you would take a minute to complete a quick feedback survey.