Manage episode 338918499 series 3003243
Quick question: when was the last time you saw a photo of yourself and thought, “Damn! I look good!”
Can you remember the last compliment you gave yourself? Or better yet, when was the last time you looked at yourself in the mirror and felt appreciation for the reflection looking back at you? Unfortunately, most of us don't give ourselves permission to do that or are too critical of ourselves that we can't see anything good in our bodies.
If you're struggling with self-image, a quick photoshoot is all you need to boost your self-esteem. But there's a problem, most of us are camera shy. And it's easy to understand why - our selfies and snapshots can be pretty awful. Maybe the lighting is bad, the angle is not right, or the picture is out of focus. This is why the photographer is as important as the camera itself. Luckily, we have Emily, whose creativity and eye for aesthetics can make anyone look amazing - and all she needs is an iPhone.
Join us to learn how the perfect photo can improve your self-confidence and help you embrace your authentic self in ways you've never seen before.
Key Points From This Episode:
- How Emily can effortlessly make anyone look great in a picture.
- How to boost your self-confidence through well-taken photographs.
- How you can feel more confident in front of the camera.
- Nothing is worse than being overly critical about how you look.
- Sarah explains how mothers can use photography to embrace their sexuality and decorate their bodies with clothes that make them feel good and sexy.
- Understand that having beautiful pictures taken of you can be healing.
- Emily describes how using an iPhone to take pictures makes people relax because it feels less professional.
- If you're struggling to get photos of you taken, try to forget about everything around you and just enjoy the process.
- Tips to help you to relax and feel comfortable in front of the camera.
- According to Emily, your goal as the person taking the photos is to capture people in their true authentic element.
- The best photos rarely come from fake confidence; it only happens when you really own who you are.
- Sarah describes how the results of a great photography session can totally blow your mind - these photos then become the visual affirmation of how handsome or beautiful you really are.
- An excellent photoshoot session helps erase negative self-image and allows you to feel more connected with your own body and mind.
- You can use your newfound confidence from a fantastic photo session to change your perspective on life and have something physical you can be proud of.
- Hear about the photo shoot that Emily and Sarah did that got Emily kicked off of a dating app! This story is soo good!
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
InnerArcheology.tv (video version)