Manage episode 350920987 series 3003243
It’s easy to say no when you’re down or to feel sad, angry, or bitter when thinking about past hardships… but what if you said YES! to more joy? And what if you did that even while you were in a dark place?
In this episode of Inner Archeology, Sarah and Emily talk about their personal growth: going through divorces, looking at past mistakes, and how to approach life for more happiness and positivity.
Key Points In Episode:
- Has it ever happened to you to feel like you wouldn’t like to share your joy with someone else because you know they’re having a hard time? If you’re feeling down, don’t be bitter toward someone who’s feeling happy!
- Sarah has been impressed by Emily’s ability to be able to share some joy and laugh with Sarah despite having a hard time. Think that Emily was able to wedding dress shopping with Sarah while being in the thick of a heartbreak..!
- The end of the year always causes reflections, and the new year is always an exciting time. What are you excited about for the new year?
- Emily has often thought of herself as a thought leader and mindset coach but this isn’t something that will happen in her future… it’s happening right now!
- Emily and Sarah talk about one of the biggest challenges in both of their lives: going through a divorce – and how they experienced it in different ways.
- It can be healing for us to see someone succeed and be happy, whether we have a big role, a small role, or no role at all in what they have gone through.
- Every now and then you may think about your past and may feel different ways: sadness, self-loathe, anger, frustration… but you can also look at it as an opportunity to appreciate how far you’ve come and how much you’ve grown.
- When Sarah went through a divorce, she didn’t really have anyone to be there for her and to give her support.
- Sarah has some advice for anyone going through a divorce right now: ‘Get in touch with your values and behave in a way that when you look back you’ll be proud of your behavior because divorce is just an ugly process that often brings out the worst in people.’
- It’s not easy but Emily is so right: ‘Even when things aren’t easy, I’ll grow through my experiences.’
- Holding space for other people’s joy while you’re in a dark place is worth it. #QuoteOfTheDay
- Sarah believes that she could only do part of her healing by herself. The other part required another person, a partner, to show up for her.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Sarah Turner on Instagram
Emily Pennystone on Instagram
@Inner.Archeology on Instagram
InnerArcheology.tv (video version)
Inner Archeology on YouTube