Manage episode 295057954 series 2826017
Debra Wallace joins Amber to discuss the betrayal she experienced in her marriage, how Scripture memorization gave her strength and courage, and how she ministers to other women experiencing betrayal trauma.Questions Debra and Amber Discuss:
- (3:54) Briefly share how you came to know Jesus.
- (4:27) Take our listeners back to your life as a new wife and mother. How would you have described your family?
- (6:34) 10 years into your marriage you discovered your husband was leading a double life. What did you discover and what was his response?
- (9:56) You stayed married for years after discovering the betrayal. Did you husband stop?
- (13:15) How long did you stay in this relationship with your husband before you finally said, I'm done?
- (15:17) What were your conversations with Jesus like during those 12 years?
- (18:13) When did Scripture memorization become crucial to your recovery?
"I brought him the phone and I asked him what was going on. He denied it....I would have loved to have believed it was a mistake, but the evidence was right there. I demanded to know the truth, so he confessed to having same sex affairs."
"It was like riding a roller coaster of hope and despair. I believed my husband when he said he wanted healing and recovery, but each time I realized another betrayal had happened we had to start rebuilding trust and forgiving again."
"The first verse I claimed over myself was Proverbs 31:25, 'I am clothed in strength and dignity. I can laugh about the future.' At the time, I was not strong . I was very weak. Dignity? I felt like a doormat. I knew I was a doormat and I couldn't do anything about it. I felt helpless."
"A husband who chooses to view porn or cheat on their wives usually has issues long before ever getting married. I had to learn that I wasn't the cause of my husband's issues. I had to learn I'm responsible for my own actions, but not for what other people choose to do."
"I'm just here to encourage and validate women and hopefully provide some hope that whether a marriage succeeds or not, if you have a relationship with the Lord, you can have joy again."
"There's all different kinds of betrayal, but it still just as painful. It doesn't matter what kind of betrayal, if it's porn use or prostitutes or same sex, whatever it is, you still have the same kind of healing that needs to take place."
- 102: Christopher Yuan | Transformation & Holy Sexuality
- 52: Nick Stumbo | Discovering Freedom From Pornography
- 78: Lisa Goldberg | Marriage Ministry After Infidelity
Dwell helps you memorize one verse every month by taking the first letter of every word in a verse stringing them together in a cool design.That's What Dads Are Made For book
Author, Amanda Glass creator of the made for book series helps kids and dads answer that question.
That's What Dads Are Made For is more than just a fun book with cute pictures. It's one that creates conversations that build meaningful connections