Manage episode 282103452 series 1440260
In the Episode, I visit with Doreen Edelman, chair of the Lowenstein Sandler Global Trade & Policy practice. She leads a unique team that combines global trade and policy expertise with cross-border M&A, technology, government contracts, white collar investigations, and business counseling practices to help clients develop strategies to minimize global business risks, increase compliance with U.S. requirements, and mitigate matters raised by U.S. regulatory agencies and the U.S. Department of Justice. Doreen joins me to bring us up-to-date on all things Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States (CFIUS) and where it is headed under the Biden Administration.
Some of the highlights include:
- Why do you want everyone in compliance to have some familiarity of CFIUS?
- Isn’t it just about foreign ownership?
- Is this just about China?
- Do you expect Biden to come in and have lots of changes?
- What if you have investors that are Limited Partnerships?
- When should company or investor start to consider CFIUS issues?
- Are there any exceptions? Is there a de minimus exception for small deals?
- What are the rules on a real estate purchase under CFIUS?
Doreen Edelman LinkedIn page
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices