EP. 118 - Embracing Authenticity and Let Your Natural Leadership Emerge from Within - Jae Yeon Choi, Managing Director of MSD Taiwan
Manage episode 373875026 series 3238000
“Sometimes I'm hesitant to show my vulnerability. As a young manager, I thought all the leaders are perfect and they don't make any mistakes and they’re charismatic. But this is not true,” she said.
This authenticity is particularly important in today’s workplace, and especially true at MSD, because for once, there are four generations represented in the organization, from Boomers to Gen Z. Jae Yeon’s advice to emerging leaders and managers? Do not mimic stereotypical leadership styles. Instead, she encourages individuals to embrace their uniqueness and listen to their hearts, allowing their authentic leadership style to emerge. Knowing oneself and leading from within is the key to success.
【 在這集聽她說 】
1. Her career: from government agency in Korea to the Pharmaceutical industry.
2. Difficulties working in a traditional 90’s Korean culture as a woman.
3. Why representation matters for women in leadership.
4. Being a role model and tips for mentoring relationships.
5. Advice for younger managers in managing stakeholders.
Powered by Firstory Hosting