Manage episode 349444336 series 3373638
Is it possible to have both your dream life and a business you love? Can you have everything you want and still enjoy success at work? The answer is a full body yes! Whether it's a life of travel or spending your days happily at home, living your dream life is completely possible. Many people think you need to hustle 24/7 in your business to have enough freedom to live the way you want to. However, that's not the case — if you’re living from a place of deep worthiness.
Diana is living proof that you can live a life you love and still run your dream business. In this solo episode of The Pollen Podcast, Diana reflects on how you can connect your dream life with your real life. She dives into three things you need to do to nurture your dreams and goals. From setting boundaries to knowing what you want, work towards living a life you love.
Tune in to this episode and find out how and why you need to know your worth to attain the life of your dreams.
Create your own creative entrepreneurship story of clarity, professional confidence, and profit. Join Diana’s 90-day group course Camp Clarity and learn everything you wish you already knew, like how to land dream clients, harness the power of social media, and make the money you deserve. Learn more here.
🔥Here are three reasons why you should listen to this episode:
- Visualizing your day-to-day life and identifying what doesn't align with your big vision for the future.
- How to anchor your prices in a way that feels deeply in line with your innate worthiness.
- How setting boundaries with your time and schedule create space for abundance.
- Achieve the life, career, and clients you’ve always wanted (and fully deserve!). Sign up for Diana’s Camp Clarity Course now!
- Join the Spring Retreat this May in Greece. Get your slot and sign up before January 15, 2023 to get a bonus one-on-one coaching call with Diana!
- Are you an entrepreneur who wants to create something new and take the next step forward? Join the Ascend Mastermind and keep thriving with Diana and the class!
- Pollen Episodes to look back on:
- E6 Building Your Cosmic Shopping List 🪐 🔮
- E12 Authenticity and Money Mindset in Creative Entrepreneurship with Lissette Calveiro 💵 💰 💫
- E34 How to Pursue Your Entrepreneurial Dream + Support Yourself Along the Way 💡💰
- Access other courses from the Diana Davis Creative
- Connect with Diana: Website | LinkedIn | Instagram
[01:19] Diana’s Days in Brisbane
- Diana's recording this episode from Brisbane, Australia, after a tough week.
- For a while now, she has been feeling lonely and lost. However, she’s now on the upswing and getting back into the groove of work and life.
[02:52] The Connect and Disconnect Between Dream and Reality
- Diana asks: can you build a life you love while running a business you enjoy? The resounding answer is yes, it's definitely possible!
[03:43] Diana: “You really can have a life you love and a business that supports it. And a business you love not just a business that makes you money, but also an actual business that you're excited to wake up and do in the morning.”
- Here’s a little exercise for you. Picture the day ahead of you and how it might go. Think about how your day-to-day life goes.
- Look for the disconnect between what you imagined and how your day goes.
- You can also find out where it connects. These are the points in your day when what you’re doing works for you.
[07:15] Setting Your Boundaries In Time
- Set yourself up for success by setting boundaries in your calendar and time.
- Don’t be afraid to have hard conversations to enforce your boundaries. Take control of the hours in your day and how you spend them.
- Know your worth, how much your time is worth, and how much your effort is worth.
- Block your days and hours. When are your work times? When is your personal time?
[09:17] Know Your Worth
- Pricing is another boundary. If you find yourself burnt out and still not making enough, maybe it's time to consider how much you charge.
- Don’t be afraid to charge more. Know your worth. Don’t do yourself the disservice of undercharging yourself.
[13:34] Diana: “Make sure you're stepping into that sommelier avatar, that alter ego. Step into that high status and know your work is fucking worth it. And by making more money and working less, you are going to automatically start to have more of a life of your dreams because you have space and time to breathe.”
- Align your business and your pricing with the life of your dreams.
- If you’re new to the field, you might not be able to charge higher. But as you gain experience, you’ll get to where you want to be.
- Find ways to reach more people while spending less time and effort.
[12:19] A Clear Vision of Your Dream Life
- Be clear about what your dream life and business look like. Know what you need and desire to have in your life.
- Diana knew that she wanted to travel the world. She actively worked toward making it happen; now, she's living her dream life.
[18:03] Diana: “You can't just sit on the couch and expect it to happen. You can't complain that your bank account is empty, and be like, ‘What the fuck, where's my dream.’ You have to be smart and proactive and your own biggest advocate.”
- Know what you’re worth and set your pricing and boundaries. Be clear on your dream and proactively work towards it.
[18:46] How Diana Made it Happen
- Before traveling the world, Diana had plans to support herself while living her dream life.
- Diana planned to hustle photoshoots and take jobs wherever she went to make her dream become reality.
- Things didn’t go exactly as planned, but everything happened as it did for a reason.
- Everything will fall into place, but you can't just wait for it to happen. While waiting for your dream life, set your boundaries and prices. Keep on enjoying each day.
- Let your business support you even if it’s not yet the dream life you’re looking for. In time, it’s what will get you to your goal.
Enjoyed this Podcast on Cultivating a Life and Business You Love?
If you're pushing aside your dreams because you think achieving them is impossible, pause. Check that limiting belief. You may be closing yourself off to opportunities before they even come. If you know your worth, you can create boundaries and set prices that bring you closer to your dream life and a business that supports it.
Pollen is a podcast for Creative Entrepreneurs — just like you! If you enjoyed this episode of Pollen Podcast, subscribe and help us spread the word by sharing it!
Leave a review and share it! ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐If you enjoyed tuning in to this podcast, we'd appreciate it if you wrote us a review. You can also share it to help other creative entrepreneurs.
Have any questions or want to leave a suggestion? Come say hi on the 'gram @dianadaviscreative! You can also subscribe to my newsletter for travel updates, learn about special projects, and get tips and tricks for the creative entrepreneur life!
Connect with me on Linkedin: Diana Davis Creative.
Thanks for listening! Stay tuned to my website for more episode updates, exciting programs, and valuable resources.