Your New Puppy: Dog Training and Dog Behavior Lessons to Help You Turn Your New Puppy into a Well-Behaved Dog
YNP #061: A Typical Puppy Schedule
Manage episode 285619823 series 1433019
Your puppy's schedule will vary depending on many factors. Including age, exercise needs, and your schedule.
When I'm asked about what a typical day looks like I know that I'm actually being asked things like:
- "How many times should I take my puppy out?"
- "How much exercise should my puppy get?"
- "How much time is too much time in the crate?"
To help answer these questions and give you a place to start, in this episode, I talk about what a typical day might look like for a 10-week old puppy and how it will change as your puppy gets older.
In this episode I talk about:
- What your puppy's schedule will revolve around depending on their age.
- How exercise and enrichment vary depending on your puppy's age.
- How your puppy's schedule will change as they get older.
- Examples from clients on the daily schedules that work for them.
- Bedtime and wake time.
Press play and enjoy!
Other resources mentioned and related to this episode:
Rover Round Robin: Instructions to a fun, structured, family game that also reinforces recall.
The flirt pole: Found under toys section of my recommended supply list.
YOUR Perfect Puppy: 4-week online training course for you and your new puppy.