How to Use Content Marketing To Establish Your Own Category
Manage episode 326219217 series 85988
Content is the currency of digital and social media, but it can actually even be more strategic than being a mere currency.
Content marketing can not only help build your business, but it can play an instrumental role in building out a category that you own and deliver long-term digital benefits for your company.
Think Hubspot - they "own" the term for inbound marketing.
If you want to achieve similar results for your company, you'll want to listen in to this interview.
[01:24] Introduction of Podcast Guest, Mark Raffan
[03:00] How Mark Got Into Content Marketing
[08:04] What Does Establishing Your Own Category Means?
[13:30] Importance of Content Marketing in Establishing Own Category
[14:36] Create Quality Content
[17:00] Timeline and Strategies for Establishing Category
[21:01] Don't Forget About the Traditional Pieces
[22:38] Difference between Content Marketing Agency from an SEO Agency
[24:32] How to Structure Overall Strategy and Choosing the Platform to Post Content On
- What's interesting about negotiation, that a lot of marketers don't understand is that negotiation and marketing are very, very similar, because they're both built on the same foundational elements. They're both built on persuasion, they're both built on influence. And when you think of those foundational elements, there's a lot of overlap between those two.
- It's one thing to rank and it's another thing entirely to maintain, as a low bounce rate so that people actually read your stuff and engage with it and consume it on a regular basis. And that's what you have to create sort of long term. And also the same thing applies when it goes to social when it goes to video. It's got to be stuff that people actually want to consume.
- Don't create a category unless you can afford to. And what I mean by that is, if you, if you don't have any decent funding, whether it's seed or series funding, this is a task best left to those who do.
- It all starts with the strategy, get the strategy down first, try and think about who you're going to reach out to, and whether or not this category that you're creating is going to stick within that target group. And then dedicate yourself to building enough content that sort of an upswell gets created.
- You don't have to do everything all at once you can start off in phases. But if you're just starting out in the Content Marketing World, just look at it through those lenses. Is it interesting? Is it educational? Is it informative? Everything will come from there.
Register for the Harnessing the Power of A.I. to Transform Your Small Business Marketing webinar on April 19 here: https://nealschaffer.com/tailwindai
- Join My Digital First Mastermind: https://nealschaffer.com/membership/
- Learn about My Fractional CMO Consulting Services: https://nealschaffer.com/cmo
- Download My Free Ebooks Here: https://nealschaffer.com/freebies/
- Subscribe to my YouTube Channel: https://youtube.com/nealschaffer
- All My Podcast Show Notes: https://podcast.nealschaffer.com