How to Use Your Style to Create a Visual Brand with Alison Bruhn and Delia Folk of The Style That Binds Us
Manage episode 292520119 series 2821004
Use your style to boost your self-confidence! Today's guests are Delia Folk and Alison Bruhn, founders of The Style That Binds Us, a cutting-edge lifestyle brand and community for those who want to live a stylish and fearless life. This mother-daughter fashion duo offers style and business consulting, encouraging each client to find their own look and making them feel confident in the way they want to show the world who they are. Alison Bruhn is a costume stylist and Delia Folk worked at Barneys New York on the purchasing team and now works as a brand consultant. They are busy women who combine all their knowledge and love of fashion to achieve unique and sincere looks that represent the personality of each client.
- Alison and Delia say how The Style That Binds Us started.
- What is healthy for them; how mental health and physical health goes along with what you eat.
- They tell how moods affect their styles.
- How their job is more about solving problems for individual women and figuring out the puzzle of who they are, and who they want the world to know they are.
- COVID styling and how they adapted to doing their job through Zoom calls.
- Working with mental health experts and instilling self confidence in people that have confidence issues with their bodies.
- Acknowledging Adaptative Fashion; clothing designed for people with physical disabilities.
- They say what style is going to be very popular this spring; bright and neutral pastels, not so many skinny jeans and more of the high waisted style, the 70s look.
Listen to our past episodes!
Go back home.