"Omega 3 Fatty Acids and Impact on Physical Training & Performance" with Dr Chris McGlory and Professor Kevin Tipton
Manage episode 285771400 series 50525
Episode 156 of the Institute of Performance Nutrition's "We Do Science" podcast! In this episode, I (Laurent Bannock) discuss "Omega 3 Fatty Acids and Impact on Physical Training & Performance" with Dr Chris McGlory PhD (Queen’s University, Canada) and Professor Kevin Tipton PhD (The Institute of Performance Nutrition, UK).
Discussion Topics Include:
- Overview of omega-3 fatty acids
- Omega-3 Fatty Acids on Skeletal Muscle Protein Turnover
- Benefits of consuming omega-3 fatty acids: from health to skeletal muscle
- Can omega-3 fatty acids influence recovery from injury?
- Omega-3 fatty acids: food first and is there a case for supplementation?
Podcast Episode Transcript: Download PDF Copy
Key Paper(s) Discussed / Referred to:
- The Influence of Omega-3 Fatty Acids on Skeletal Muscle Protein Turnover in Health, Disuse, and Disease
- Omega-3 Fatty Acids: A Detailed Look at Omega-3 Fatty Acids and Their Impact on Physical Performance
Related Podcast Episodes:
- #153 - "Muscle Protein Synthesis and Response to Exercise & Nutrition" with Professor Kevin Tipton
- #150 - "Muscle Protein Breakdown in Response to Nutrition and Exercise" with Professor Kevin Tipton
- #115 - "Dietary Fat and Elite Endurance Performance" with Dr Jill Leckey
- #110 - "Nutrition Support for Exercise Induced Injury" with Professor Kevin Tipton
Check out our other podcasts, publications, events, and professional education programs for current and aspiring sports nutritionists at www.TheIOPN.com and follow our social media outputs via @TheIOPN