Mexican Cauliflower Dishes for Lovers & Haters of Cauliflower
Manage episode 345160803 series 3404746
Episode 2: Mexican Cauliflower Dishes for Lovers & Haters of Cauliflower. This episode is all about cauliflower! So many people dislike cauliflower, but these recipes I'm sharing today make cauliflower not taste like cauliflower! I actually like cauliflower, I know, I'm weird. My family dislikes this bumpy lumpy white veggie, but they like it made the ways listed below. Cauliflower can be tasty! Trust me!
Check out my cookbooks:
One Dish Two Diets: Recipes for the Hybrid Vegetarian and Meat-Eating Family (affiliate links) https://amzn.to/3eVfuWM
And now in presale mode (releasing in November 2022) American Midwest Cooking Quiches https://amzn.to/3SxYOCn
Tacos are a great recipe for a split table meal because everyone gets to build their own taco how they desire. Each person can add meat or non-meat items so this is a no-brainer idea for the perfect hybrid meal. What's a hybrid meal? One where there are portions that work for a vegetarian and for a meat-lover. I love to add cauliflower to the mix of ingredients for a taco bar to make a split-table scenario happen in a unique, tasty, and healthy way.
How do I do this?
My recipe for Mexican Roasted Cauliflower for Meatless Tacos makes cauliflower yummy and flavorful! Cauliflower bulks up a taco for a vegetarian, thereby adding not only food to the taco, but flavor, fiber, and more! Even the meat-eaters may add a scoop or two to their tacos! Tell them to go on, try it!
Ingredients to make Mexican Roasted Cauliflower Meatless Taco Meat:
- 1/4 cup taco seasoning or I use a taco seasoning packet of 1.25 oz.
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 Tablespoon cayenne pepper sauce I have added more when I want to spice it up!
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 cauliflower, whole head cut into small bite-size florets
- Mix together the taco seasoning packet, 1/3 c. olive oil, 1 Tbsp. cayenne pepper sauce, 1 tsp. seasoned salt, and 1 tsp. onion powder. Stir well.
- Cut cauliflower head into bite-size florets.
- Stir seasoning/oil mixture and pour over cauliflower florets in a large bowl. Stir well to fully coat the cauliflower florets. Spread them across a cookie sheet sprayed with cooking spray (I use olive oil spray).
- Roast at 350 degrees for about an hour (all ovens cook differently so adjust this time to fit your own oven). Stir cauliflower around halfway through the cooking time. Broil to desired crispness for 5-10 minutes. Serve.
You can print this recipe on my website: https://www.juliehoagwriter.com/2017/11/22/mexican-roasted-cauliflower-meatless-tacos/
What else makes cauliflower taste good? Cheese! This is such a simple idea.
Ingredients to make Cauliflower Cheese Bake Salsa Con Queso:
1 head cauliflower
1 15-ounce salsa con queso dip
1 tablespoon water optional
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Add 1 Tbsp. water to a baking dish.
- Cut stem and leaves off cauliflower head, leaving it whole.
- Pour salsa con queso dip evenly over the cauliflower head.
Print this recipe from my website: https://www.juliehoagwriter.com/2020/04/23/cauliflower-cheese-bake-salsa-con-queso/
Want to join my email list for my newsletter? Sign up here: https://www.juliehoagwriter.com/