Manage episode 376789429 series 2391288
In Episode 186, Greg and Pam discuss personal finance, digital clutter, and knitting at bars.
Many thanks to LoveFiberKim Kim for the episode introduction! Kim spins and sells her handspun on Instagram, and Facebook. We would love to have YOU record and introduction to the show! You can find details in the Ravelry Group Pages or on our website here.
Check out our group on Facebook! We would love to have you join us there.SUPPORT THE SHOW KnitPicks & Crochet.com
We are KnitPicks and Crochet.com (owned by KnitPicks) Affiliates! This means if you are going to shop at KnitPicks or Crochet.com, and start by clicking their names, the Unraveling Podcast will get a small commission at no extra cost to you! It’s an easy way to support the podcast passively. (Note: links to specific yarns or products will appear like https://shrsl.com/3xzh0. These are correct and are custom links to track our account. They are safe!)Patreon
You can financially support Unraveling…a knitting podcast on Patreon! Monthly membership levels are available at Swatch ($1), Shawl ($3), and Sweater ($6) and come with rewards like early access to book club episodes, access to a quarterly Zoom call, discounts on all Knitting Daddy patterns, and holiday cards. Everything available via Patreon is extra, the show remains unchanged and free. Financial support through Patreon helps us cover expenses like web hosting, prize shipping, and equipment upgrades.NOTES Greg’s Projects
- Greg has finished the Cuddle Puddle Wrap (pattern by Darci Kern). He’s using yarn from The Fibre Studio at Yarns to Dye For. Check out his project page.
- Greg is working on the Sockhead Cowl (pattern by Kelly McClure). He’s using yarn from The Fibre Studio at Yarns to Dye For. Check out his project page.
- Greg continues working on the “I’m Fine. It’s Fine. Everything Is Fine.” cross-stitch pattern from White Raven Patterns. He heard about this pattern shop via the That’s Pretty Crafty stream.
- Greg completely finished the Irish Moss Toque (pattern by Alexandra Charlotte Dafoe). Check out his project page.
- Greg has a new pattern available: Amanda’s Cowl. Kits can be obtained from Jimmy Beans Wool. The pattern will eventually be released for individual purchase in his Ravelry shop.
- Greg has a pattern in an upcoming book–The Disney Tim Burton’s Nightmare Before Christmas: The Official Knitting Guide to Halloween Town and Christmas Town by Tanis Gray! Release date is September 26, 2023. Go ahead and preorder it from your LYS or Amazon.com.
- Pam not only finished the weaving that was on her loom for 3 years, she turned the fabric into 2 pillows. She used KnitPicks Mighty Stitch and Chroma Worsted.
- Pam worked on weaving a scarf using a purchased kit from Neal the Weaver.
- Pam worked on the Terrazzo Afghan by Tinna Thórudóttir. She is using using KnitPicks Chroma Worsted and Plymouth Yarn Encore Worsted. Tinna has good tutorials on her YouTube channel.
- Pam worked on the Cuddle Puddle Wrap by Darci Does It. She is using yarn from Passion Knits Yarn.
- Pam is spinning some BFL.
- Pam worked on Freeform Favorite Crochet shawl by Lisa Doherty. If you are curious about Freeform Crochet you should check out Lisa’s Instagram account.
- Pam swatched for the Love Note sweater by Tin Can Knits. She is using yarn from Iria Yarn Company (currently not dyeing) and The Fibre Studio at Yarns to Dye For.
- Pam also worked on replacing the soles on some slippers.
- Pam is pretty much always working on a SC Thermal Crochet Potholders using tutorials and patterns from My Crochet Space.
- We are enjoying our book club book, Adventures in Yarn Farming by Barbara Parry. Tune in next episode for next installment in the club. Share how you are enjoying the book on social media with #UnravelingBookClub.
- We shared an article about a New Zealand bar that banned a group of knitters. We also mentioned the knitting.com saga from a couple of years ago.
- Pam mentioned the agrotourism classes at Apple Hill Farm in Banner Elk, NC.
- Pam’s friend Glenn is opening a new LYS in Raleigh, NC called Oak City Fibers. You can find them on Instagram and Facebook, also.
- We mentioned the movie Smokey & The Bandit, the tv show The Dukes of Hazard and the Haiku Periodic Table of Elements.
- We mentioned that lots of movies from the ’80s are problematic, including almost everything John Hughes did. Greg recalled an essay Molly Ringwald wrote a few years ago with her thoughts about the movies she was in.
- Greg loves Sheetz because they have free air pumps. He also loves Battleground Tire because they do a great job of repairing tires.
- We mentioned that Gary hosts the Destash4Good auction on Instagram.
- Greg is going to SAFF again this year.
- Pam is going to the Anson County Fiber Festival in Wadesboro, NC. It is on Friday, September 22 and Saturday, September 23. Pam will be there Saturday and is taking the Crochet Sweater Making Techniques workshop with AJ McIntyre.
- Be sure to enter your Fairs and Festivals entry in the Fairs and Festivals KAL!
- Greg can also be found talking about knitting and playing Dungeons & Dragons at Crits and Knits.
- We are a KnitPicks Affiliate! This means that if you click on a KnitPicks link or Crochet.com, or the banner ad and make a purchase, we will receive a commission at no extra cost to you.
- This post contains affiliate links. That means that if you click on a link to Amazon and subsequently make a purchase, we’ll receive a small commission from the sale. You pay the same, and the commissions will help cover our podcasting expenses. Our opinions are always our own.
- Patreon: Unraveling…a knitting podcast
- Subscribe in iTunes: The Unraveling Podcast
- Podcast RSS Feed: Unraveling Podcast
- Facebook: Unraveling Podcast
- Instagram: @UnravelingPodcast
- Ravelry Group: Unraveling Podcast
- Greg is KnittingDaddy on Ravelry, @KnittingDaddy on Instagram, and also writes the KnittingDaddy blog.
- Pam is pammaher on Ravelry and @pammaher on Instagram