Manage episode 339138125 series 2391288
In Episode 151, Greg and Pam discuss Puerto Rico, pickle ice cream, and pets.
Many thanks to IdaMarie and her family for the episode introduction! We would love to have YOU record and introduction to the show! You can find details in the Ravelry Group Pages or on our website here.
Check out our group on Facebook! We would love to have you join us there.SPONSORS
We are Knitcrate Ambassadors! Are you the kind of knitter who would enjoy receiving a surprise package of yarn in the mail every month? Then you need to sign up for a Knitcrate subscription. Every month, you will receive a selection of curated yarn, a pattern specifically paired to use with the yarn, and a treat. Use code KD20 at checkout for a bonus when you sign up for a subscription.NOTES Note on Ravelry Links
Note that many of the links in our show notes refer to pages on Ravelry.com. If visiting Ravelry causes you harm, please be cautious clicking links. If you are interested in a link that is inaccessible to you, you can email info at unravelingpodcast dot com and Greg and/or Pam will happily send you the informationPatreon
You can now financially support Unraveling…a knitting podcast on Patreon! Monthly membership levels are available at Swatch ($1), Shawl ($3), and Sweater ($6) and come with rewards like early access to book club episodes, access to a quarterly Zoom call, discounts on all Knitting Daddy patterns, and holiday cards. Nothing about the existing podcast is changing—we will continue to deliver regular and book club episodes like we have been doing for years—everything available via Patreon is extra. Financial support through Patreon helps us cover expenses like web hosting, prize shipping, and equipment upgrades. ***Patrons – go see our poll in the Patreon site for our next Zoom call!***Greg’s Projects
- Greg continues working on socks for himself. He is using yarn from Two Guys Yarn Company. It will incorporate the Non-Euclidian heel by Sarah Jordan and The Discretion Cuff by Gene Beenken-Draper.
- Greg is working on a test knit for Danielle Thuen from Crits and Knits. It is a dice bag with dividers to keep your different sized dice separated. It’s lots of fun.
- Pam worked on a pair of socks for Scott using Paton’s Kroy. She is loosely following the Vanilla Latte pattern by Virginia Rose-Jeanes with a Fish Lips Kiss Heel by Patty-Joy White. Pam used a Turkish cast on.
- Pam worked on Polarlys by Martina Behm. She is using Merino Lace (discontinued) by Palouse Yarn Co.
- Pam bought more yarn for the 2nd color of her Loveland Lite Shawl by Toni Lipsey. She is using Studio Sox from The Fibre Studio at Yarns to Dye For.
- Pam’s cousin Lisa is going to be expanding her horizons and will be starting the Amaya Mosaic Shawl by Tatsiana Kupryianchyk.
- Pam and Greg reviewed the book The Woobles Crochet Amigurumi for Every Occasion by Justine Tiu. Thank you to the publisher WeldonOwen for providing this book! The book is due to be released on October 11 this year. We also mentioned a local news story about the couple behind The Woobles company.
- We are in between books now but stay tuned for the next book club selection!
- Greg loved seeing “Weird Al” Yankovic in concert.
- Greg accidentally stumbled on the Southern Comforts Fiber Market.
- Greg talked about his local yarn shop: Gate City Yarns in Greensboro, NC.
- Greg and Pam discussed some yarn in the news: Self-assembled, Interlocked Threads: Spinning Yarn With No Machine Needed.
- Greg talked about his Choose Greg’s Adventure shawl.
- Greg and Pam talked about the Knit Row Counter app.
- Greg and Pam are going to host an Ask Me Anything episode in the near future! You can submit your questions with this form.
- Be sure to enter your Fairs and Festivals entry in the Fairs and Festivals KAL!
This post contains affiliate links. That means that if you click on a link to Cooperative Press, Amazon, or Knitcrate and subsequently make a purchase, we’ll receive a small commission from the sale. You pay the same, and the commissions will help cover our podcasting expenses. Our opinions are always our own.Find us all over the Internet
- Patreon: Unraveling…a knitting podcast
- Subscribe in iTunes: The Unraveling Podcast
- Podcast RSS Feed: Unraveling Podcast
- Twitter: @UnravelingPod
- Facebook: Unraveling Podcast
- Instagram: @UnravelingPodcast
- Ravelry Group: Unraveling Podcast
- Greg is KnittingDaddy on Ravelry, @KnittingDaddy on Instagram, and also writes the KnittingDaddy blog.
- Pam is pammaher on Ravelry and @pammaher on Instagram